PDA

View Full Version : Chirping / grinding from drivers side front wheel

Mindless
11-18-2004, 06:25 PM
I've only noticed it a couple of times and the noise isn't constant. Any ideas? Wheel bearing maybe? Drivers side axle?

bronxbombr
11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
If it was your bearing you would hear a slight humming sound constantly while driving. Im thinking axel.

gottmanMR
11-19-2004, 01:57 PM
I used to have a problem with a humming sound when I would make left turns, problem came from my drivers side front wheel hub. Replacing the hub solved my humming problem.

Ikudni
11-19-2004, 02:00 PM
You know I had that problem and it turned out that my splash guard had come loose and rubbed the wheel at high speeds.

bglocc
11-19-2004, 02:14 PM
I've only noticed it a couple of times and the noise isn't constant. Any ideas? Wheel bearing maybe? Drivers side axle?
Do you also hear it if you turn the steering wheel all the way to one side, just curious, I was in a parking lot the other day, and when I turned in to park, I heard like a grinding/rubbing noise. I thought I was going crazy, so I tested it out later on, and hear the grinding noise whenever I turn my steering wheel all the way to one side, mainly to the right.

Mindless
11-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Do you also hear it if you turn the steering wheel all the way to one side, just curious, I was in a parking lot the other day, and when I turned in to park, I heard like a grinding/rubbing noise. I thought I was going crazy, so I tested it out later on, and hear the grinding noise whenever I turn my steering wheel all the way to one side, mainly to the right.

Yeah I get that too. I've noticed the grinding pretty much only when I brake though.

bglocc
11-19-2004, 04:02 PM
I thought something with the axel, they never really fixed my car right after my accident, and most of my damage was around the driver side wheel. But I'm not sure.

Mindless
11-20-2004, 10:25 AM
well its the axle for sure. It's grinding and poping like a sob now.

bglocc
11-22-2004, 02:41 PM
How do you fix it?

hikix
11-22-2004, 03:31 PM
my car did that also, i took my rims off and one or 2 of the lug nuts were so loose they practically fell off of it. So i took the rim off and retourqed the lugs and it was fine after that. not sure if thats your problem but if u have aftermarket rims then you should try it.