PDA

View Full Version : How are these products???

99_galant
11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
I found these on ebay and what do you guys think???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7937182088&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT')

I was thinking of giving this a try considering I may not be able to afford I belt turned supercharger

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7937279126&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT')

mike969mb
11-29-2004, 10:53 AM
maybe first would be half way decent for its purpose but the second way stay away from

99_galant
11-29-2004, 11:01 AM
I jus read a postby username drew, which said "IT"S ALL BS". SO there goes the second one? If you're not to sure of the intake I brought up can you or anyone else direct me so I can get a good cold air intake??? Thanks for your help. Anything thats no caraudio related I'm kinda lost. I want to modify my engine on my 99, 4 cylinder 2.4liter and would appreciate your help on what I can do.

Serstylz2
11-29-2004, 11:16 AM
stay away from Weapon R intakes too... AEM and Injen is the way to go... you're better off w. a no name intake from Ebay before weapon R

pinoyesv6
11-29-2004, 02:53 PM
the weapon-r intake is halfway decent. people rag on it because of the fitment. but truth is, back in the day, all the intakes that were out on the market for the galant fit like the weapon-r. hell, my first generation injen has the same fitment like the weapon-r. don't see any1 ragging on that.

but yea, for that price it is cetainly not worth the money though. you can get you a nice injen or aem with CARB cetrification for less than that price for a short ram.

Lootrock
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM
I recently bought a Weapon R dragon intake. I love it, definitely worth the money, but I don't know about the secret ones. I guess they're better quality since they cost more.

99_galant
12-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Well my father bought me an aftermarket exhaust muffler and today I will have it installed. I aslo bought an intake all at the same time, but I think the intake is weapon R. For the extra 40 dollars should I have them install the intake???? I'm having the exhaust muffler, new rear pipping and bought the intake all for 500 dollars. Is this bad?? Would else can I do to add HP to my car that won't cost me so much money??? O by the way I will have this all done at 8 am (eastern time) so if you guys can tell me whether I can handle the install of a "Weapon R' intakewould be appreciated.

brandon
12-29-2004, 07:04 AM
The intake install is pretty straightforward. It should come with it's own instructions and there are also tutorials on this site.

$500 sounds about right assuming you got a muffler, cat-back exhaust (?) and Weapon R.

HP = money, so don't plan on adding much without spending some.

Mante
12-29-2004, 07:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>HP = money, so don't plan on adding much without spending some.</div> NO bull

Do the install of the intake yourself, its not hard. As for weapon R intakes I had a bad experience with them in the past...as pinoy mentioned. The problem was the intake piping rubbed against the post that holds the battery down. After time a nice hole developed, a rep at weapon R said "sorry" and let it at that... :evil:

REalistically you spent 500 on parts, your going to gain maybe 4-10whp (2.4L's tend to be really good or pretty bad) At this point you may think about spraying vs adding anything else

99_galant
12-29-2004, 09:02 AM
So it's just the fitment more than anything that causes the problem??? Is there any suggestions you have for me on "the rubbing situation"?? And no I didn't get the catback exhaust (do you guys suggest that I do that??)because I was low on money. I still have to pay some bills. Well I'm waiting for the Intake to come in and just had the exhaust done and I love how it sounds. Gives it a more manly sound and I do feel a little difference. Now I know that I would have to spend some money for HP, but I'm really no that big on going super fast, well I say that now. Maybe I'll catch the "goin fast bug" , like I did with car audio. I wasted so much money on that stuff. And I'm not well educated on engine mods and components so I probably won't buy anything, unless I read post from you guys.So that's why I asked if there are any little modifications that I can do. But I really appreciate all of your help and if you have any more comments/suggestions I would really appreciate that also.

99_galant
12-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Oh yeah someone suggested Exhaust manifold(?) and throttle body(?).

pinoyesv6
12-29-2004, 10:40 AM
easiest way to get rid of the rubbing problem is to take some silicon hose. or if you're cheap some duct tape and cover up that bolt on the battery holder that is closes to the intake. that way it has something soft to rub up against.

99_galant
12-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Now what can I upgrade??? I asked the place where I got my exhaust for some header(s) but they said that nothing is made for one. I know you guys have them so let me know where?? And what exactly does that do??? Has anyone heard of "Ignition Coil"?? I was told by a guy at my job to look into that, but I have no idea what that is.

Lootrock
12-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Well how much money are you willing to spend? If you aren't trying to spend a crapload of money, then I'd say get nitrous. But, definitely do your research first, thoroughly. I'm actually thinking about doing that myself.

Danger DANJ
12-30-2004, 09:15 AM
As far as headers go, you want to look for ones for the 3G Eclipse (2000 and on). The crappy ones, like OBX and Kamikaze give you only a couple extra horses and they do eventually start to rust or discolor. They aren't worth it. The ones you want to look at are by XIRacing, RPW, Ripp Modifications, AMSS, and possibly even DC Sports. I haven't heard much about the DC Sports headers, not even sure if they are out yet. Either way, you are going to spend alot for good headers.

shortdogg2k05
12-30-2004, 01:20 PM
This is how I was told. Save the money you want to use for the header and invest it on nitrous. That is what I am going to do so now I am doing the research to find out what I can run safely.

ChikagoGTZ
12-30-2004, 01:54 PM
spend a little more and get yourself an injen or AEM, i prefer the injen.

99_galant
12-30-2004, 02:45 PM
What does the header do?? If the money was available would you guys buy that over nitrous?? And isn't nitrous used with the button, like in the movies or am I just totally off?? Please don't clown on me too much

peanotation
12-30-2004, 02:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99_galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>What does the header do?? If the money was available would you guys buy that over nitrous?? And isn't nitrous used with the button, like in the movies or am I just totally off?? Please don't clown on me too much</div>

the header is just a replacement to the stock header, depends on the scenario, but usually only adds one or two ponies, nitrous is injecting nitrous oxide with extra fuel for the engine to produce more power

99_galant
12-30-2004, 07:29 PM
O so that is when you press the "dramatic" button like FAST AND THE FURIOUS". Sux for me cause I have a system in my trunk

Lootrock
12-31-2004, 07:05 AM
Well nitrous injected by pressing a button is available by a certain company(Nos), not all nitrous works that way. I'm not exactly sure if it has to be in your trunk, I think its just prefered that way, not sure on that one though.

Mante
12-31-2004, 09:40 PM
your best beat if your not really trying to go "fast" but faster then the bottom feeder cars on the road... Intake..roughly 200 at most! 35 shot of nitrous..either the Zex kit or NX both kits use the TPS instead of that trigger your thinking of...The tps is kind of made for the person that doesnt know when to inject the nitrous so you leave it all up to the cpu. You will have to go to a step colder spark plug.

After that get a FPR, shouldnt be no more then 150 with guage. Lastly Aem Cam gear then get it dyno tuned..

shortdogg2k05
01-03-2005, 08:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>your best beat if your not really trying to go "fast" but faster then the bottom feeder cars on the road... Intake..roughly 200 at most! Â*35 shot of nitrous..either the Zex kit or NX both kits use the TPS Â*instead of that trigger your thinking of...The tps is kind of made for the person that doesnt know when to inject the nitrous so Â*you leave it all up to the cpu. Â*You will have to go to a step colder spark plug.

After that get a FPR, shouldnt be no more then 150 with guage. Â*Lastly Aem Cam gear then get it dyno tuned..</div>

With this setup what stops the nitrous from injecting contiuously and how much does this setup run? And if it is recommended that we use our stock exhaust manifold, is it pointless to install a bigger throttle body?