PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi sales fell nearly 51 percent last month

Ikudni
12-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Except from an article in todays NY Times regarding the Ford and G.M. Sales Slide.

...Not all Asian automakers are prospering. Mitsubishi continues to be in a freefall after a string of scandals and lagging product development. Sales fell nearly 51 percent last month. The company's latest executive departure came late last month as Ian Beavis, the company's United States marketing chief, left after just a year on the job...
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/02/business...ss/02sales.html ('http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/02/business/02sales.html')

peanotation
12-03-2004, 01:42 PM
and to think they brought the Evo8 to the US :nono: such a shame

pinoyesv6
12-03-2004, 02:14 PM
no wonder mitsu has been doing so bad. they had beavis in charge of marketing....let me guess butthead is in charge of product developement?? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

hot_boy689
12-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Its no wonder they're doing soo badly......has anyone taken a look at their new line of vehicles.......prime example 9g Galant......you couldnt give me one of those. Then they try and sell you with the no down payment, no payments, no interest till 2020 deal. And then again with their 100,000 mile warranty and their supposed good service. Yeah right, right after I signed that contract, the didnt give a rats a$$ about me.

Torque&Scoot
12-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Maybe they can start adding ralliart performance parts sooner then latter and have dealer or service dept add-on performance parts or some sort of custom program. Dodge has done this with the Mopar stages on the SRT-4s. While it may not attract everyone, at least it might attract a younger market. If they can find a way to lighten the GTS, or give it more power to compensate, spruce up the exterior design, add all wheel drive and have a custom tune thats under warranty it might attract a lot of buyers. There really isn't that many decent sized performance sedans that are affordable, so it might be and attractive option.

Sexy_Delavatos_G_Ride_:)
12-04-2004, 01:20 PM
[quote=hot_boy689]Its no wonder they're doing soo badly......<span style='color:red'>has anyone taken a look at their new line of vehicles.......prime example 9g Galant......you couldnt give me one of those.</span>
My thoughts exacting. i think all there new line cars are ugly...

chauGTZ
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
i wonder how long its gonna take them to figure out the new US model designs look shitty (except for a couple of em) and fire who ever is the lead guy whos calling the shots here in the states and bring in the cars from japan or the designers from japan . i wonder if it would be possible to set up a protest or somthing at one of the plants and get all the mitsuforums involved. maybe thatll help them get the idea in there heads

luxcrusr2000
12-05-2004, 06:41 AM

I agree. I looked at a 9G and sat in it. I didn't like it at all. :nono: :decline: The sad thing is the car only had less than 1000 miles when it was traded in for a Saturn. :shock:

Z
12-05-2004, 08:30 AM
i have yet to see a GTS model rolling down the street, only seen the other models with out the chrome tails or projector heads

12-05-2004, 10:45 AM

I agree. I looked at a 9G and sat in it. I didn't like it at all. :nono: :decline: The sad thing is the car only had less than 1000 miles when it was traded in for a Saturn. :shock:
:shock: O thats bad when there being traded in for Saturns :shock:

luxcrusr2000
12-06-2004, 04:42 PM

:shock: O thats bad when there being traded in for Saturns :shock:

A Saturn ION at that! :shock: :shock:

luxcrusr2000
12-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Here's proof. ('http://buzzlot.com/BradshawAutoGroup/details.asp?entry_point=&location=&compare=4A3AB36F64E083032')

12-06-2004, 04:49 PM
:laughing: