PDA

View Full Version : 0 gauge wire

99_galant
12-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Has anyone ran 0 awg thru their galant?? If so does anyone have any tips on running because I having some troublr running eat by the front seat buckle and than being able to tuck the carpet back under the plastic pillar

soltero112
12-06-2004, 12:50 PM
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU POWERING UP DUDE........IT MUST BE THE SICKEST OF SYSTEMS.I HOPE .....................IM SURE YOU CAN FIT IT.......DREMEL OUT THE LIPS OF THE PART IT WONT GO THROUGH

ChikagoGTZ
12-06-2004, 04:05 PM
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU POWERING UP DUDE........IT MUST BE THE SICKEST OF SYSTEMS.I HOPE .....................IM SURE YOU CAN FIT IT.......DREMEL OUT THE LIPS OF THE PART IT WONT GO THROUGH

Are you on fucking LSD? Why are you typing in all caps.... :roll:

peanotation
12-06-2004, 09:39 PM
0 gauge is huge. what are you running? make sure you grommet the firewall like a mofo so your car isn't shooting sparks in the future from points where it's shorting out. you'd also pretty much kill any electronic in your car if you get that unlucky https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

99_galant
12-07-2004, 02:32 AM
O thanx for reminding me on the grommet. I'm going to be running 2 nine.1s by eD on 2 13Ov.2s. 900 wrms to each woofer

SilverDragonGTZ
12-07-2004, 02:47 AM
i have 0 gauge....and i have 2 GIANT fuckin holes in my firewall...one for the power and one for the 0 gauge ground....it's a tough tuck...but it will fit lol.....

tolowbass
12-07-2004, 08:59 AM
0 guage is no big deal to run. i have it and ran it with no problems. i ran mine through the drivers side fender and the install looks super clean if you do it this way

Z
12-07-2004, 06:22 PM
gonna run 0 gauge here too

BlankMan
12-07-2004, 08:34 PM
...one for the power and one for the 0 gauge ground....

Why the hell would you run the ground wire back through the firewall? You want it to be as short as possible and grounded to the chassis close the the
amp(s).

J

SilverDragonGTZ
12-07-2004, 09:38 PM
i have 2 batteries...engine bay and trunk...wired parallel...my battery in the trunk is wired to my sub amp and grounded at that battery...which is inches away from the amp...and the trunk battery is powered and grounded at the front battery....that better?

Z
12-07-2004, 11:07 PM
i have 2 batteries...engine bay and trunk...wired parallel...my battery in the trunk is wired to my sub amp and grounded at that battery...which is inches away from the amp...and the trunk battery is powered and grounded at the front battery....that better?

ya gonna have to show me pics or a diagram cus i need to get a second red top

SilverDragonGTZ
12-08-2004, 01:51 AM
i can possibly arrange somethin....just hit me up on aim...we'll talk foo https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Fall Out Boy
12-08-2004, 02:03 AM
just curios, what kind of systems are you guys running?

BlankMan
12-08-2004, 09:01 AM

Well, not really. Even in parrallel, both batteries are using chassis ground - so one would be grounded in the engine bay, one grounded int he trunk... I must be mising something b/c I see no reason to run a ground from the trunk bat to the engine bat...

J

Z
12-08-2004, 09:03 AM

i'll post pics and equipment list either tonight or tomorrow, car is still at the shop :twisted:

pinoyesv6
12-08-2004, 09:17 AM

i'll post pics and equipment list either tonight or tomorrow, car is still at the shop :twisted:

you know its serious when Z takes his car to the shop to get things done...

Z
12-08-2004, 03:38 PM

you know its serious when Z takes his car to the shop to get things done...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SilverDragonGTZ
12-08-2004, 03:42 PM
^^^ true that....or he just ran out of fiberglass and bondo...

as for my system:
JVC KD-LHX500 touch screen cd/mp3 head unit
orion 2500d mono amp (2500wx1@1ohm)
2 Image Dynamics IDMAX 12" dual4ohm subs
Directed 4 channel 200w mids/highs amp
Viper 6.5" neodymium component set up front
Viper neodymium 6x9's in the rear
sealed enclosure 1.1 cu.ft. per sub - changin to ported soon

http://www.dnaracing.net/teamdna_rides_josh.htm ('http://www.dnaracing.net/teamdna_rides_josh.htm')

click there for pics....

Messiah
12-08-2004, 07:09 PM

Well, not really. Even in parrallel, both batteries are using chassis ground - so one would be grounded in the engine bay, one grounded int he trunk... I must be mising something b/c I see no reason to run a ground from the trunk bat to the engine bat...

J

YOu remove any ground loop that you might have in the system. I had a ground loop in my system and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it, so I had to run a dedicated ground wire to the battery and it took care of it.

Z
12-08-2004, 07:16 PM
^^^ true that....or he just ran out of fiberglass and bondo......

lol plenty of FG and bondo left
here's what i got so far :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1- Panasonic CQ-VAD7300U 7" motorized flip out screen with dvd/cd/mp3/radio/tv tunner
1- lilliput 2.5" hi res. screen
2- JL VR600 CSI components(tweeters, 6s and Xovers)
2- JL VR690 CX 6x9 speakers
1- JL 300/4 amp
3- JL 500/1 amp :twisted:
3- JL 12" W7 subwoofer :twisted:
2- 1.5 farad ALMANI caps
1- Optima Red Top
0 gauge Wireing

SilverDragonGTZ
12-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Z...ditch the caps...wont do you any good except for one little burst of bump....unless you get like a 60 farad cap or some retarded business...just get another optima

Z
12-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Z...ditch the caps...wont do you any good except for one little burst of bump....unless you get like a 60 farad cap or some retarded business...just get another optima

really? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Prophet
12-09-2004, 12:33 AM

really? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Yes Z. If it ain't more than a 30 farad then don't bother. Either get a new battery or a high output alty.

Fall Out Boy
12-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Isnt it 1 Farad for every 500 watts??

Fall Out Boy
12-09-2004, 12:41 AM
^^^ true that....or he just ran out of fiberglass and bondo......

lol plenty of FG and bondo left
here's what i got so far :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1- Panasonic CQ-VAD7300U 7" motorized flip out screen with dvd/cd/mp3/radio/tv tunner
1- lilliput 2.5" hi res. screen
2- JL VR600 CSI components(tweeters, 6s and Xovers)
2- JL VR690 CX 6x9 speakers
1- JL 300/4 amp
3- JL 500/1 amp :twisted:
3- JL 12" W7 subwoofer :twisted:
2- 1.5 farad ALMANI caps
1- Optima Red Top
0 gauge Wireing

damn bro, you got a lot of money sittin in your trunk. That shit must make your head ring. :shock:

SilverDragonGTZ
12-09-2004, 01:22 AM
his doesnt make anything ring...he can't even make a quarter hop...now if you wanna see a quarter hop...hit up Prophet or myself...we big boys...we can do it :twisted:

Z
12-09-2004, 08:40 AM
his doesnt make anything ring...he can't even make a quarter hop...now if you wanna see a quarter hop...hit up Prophet or myself...we big boys...we can do it :twisted:

put a damn park bench on your trunk like mine and we'll see if yours can make quarters hop

Prophet
12-09-2004, 10:58 AM

put a damn park bench on your trunk like mine and we'll see if yours can make quarters hop

Tell you what Z. Flex your windshield if you can. :twisted:

I am going to do the hair trick after tonight when I finally get to tune my system out. :wink:

SilverDragonGTZ
12-09-2004, 04:56 PM
if i had a park bench on my trunk...it'd rattle off...lol i wouldnt even try puttin a spoiler on my trunk