PDA

View Full Version : HEEElP!! A/C, LOCKS, R Defroster and brake lights are shot!

rcrivera
10-03-2002, 09:56 AM
a friend of mine was playing around my engine giving me a free tune up, but in the process he accidentally "DID" something stupid. Long story short he shorted something out and I cant seem to figure out how to fix this problem. Get this, my AC/fan doesn't work, my power door locks from inside or thru the remote, my rear defroster and brake lights! : (
I tried checking the fusible links and the fuses, inside and outside. still no luck

Help! ....anyone!?!...help https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif m heeeeeeeeeelp

Fishboy55
10-03-2002, 10:27 AM
Step1 : Look under the hood in the fusebox, you'll see some yellow blocks. They cover multiple fusible links. Check them. Youll have to remove the yellow covers to see both links inside.

Step 2: Bitch slap your friend and tell him to be more careful when he's working on your car.

Chip

rcrivera
10-03-2002, 07:13 PM
I'll try that tonight...thanks...anybody got other suggestions?!?

oh yeah I bitchslapped him alright, put his ass on a pile driver as well...gademmit!

TJC
10-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Damn, hope it's just some fuses and relays. An ECU would be hella expensive. Good luck.

rcrivera
10-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Ok i checked my fuses again today and managed to look at my front ECU but everything seems to be fine, nothing burned or anything as far as I can see...also tried disconnecting my battery for the whole night to see if it resets anything but that didnt help.

Just trying to squeeze anymore info before I kick myself (and my friend) then bring it to the shop. anyone?!?

BlueESV6
10-06-2002, 03:29 PM
Definitely sounds like blown fuses. You may have to take out and physically look at the related fuses... sometimes they can blow but won't look burnt or anything... just have a break in the wire (inside that plastic). I'd take the ones related to you prob's out one by one and check them against a light source. You'll be able to easily see if any are blown.

Not that I'm criticizing but some things are not worth "free". In this case I'd make him pay you for doing the tune up!! (ha,ha)