PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!

Lootrock
12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
I just won an auction for a new header and downpipe for only 230 dollars.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWN:IT ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7941096024&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT') Though I've never heard of the brand how bad could it be for $230, plus with the downpipe and all? I'm paying 230 instead of 220 like it says in there because I'm picking it up(anxious to get it). Anybody ever heard of that brand before? I have a high flow cat on its way too, by Fat Catz, sound familiar to anybody either? And I already have a muffler waiting to be installed so I can't wait to get all of it on.[/url]

Fall Out Boy
12-13-2004, 01:00 AM
its probably just the stock header polished. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif lol, j/k. id be careful tho buying brands you have never heard of before.....hope it works out for ya.

pinoyesv6
12-13-2004, 05:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lootrock)</div><div class='quotemain'> I have a high flow cat on its way too, by Fat Catz, sound familiar to anybody either? </div>

sounds like you bought one of them resonators on ebay...

Lootrock
12-13-2004, 05:55 AM
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It did say that in the description, but if it doesn't do me much good, then its only a loss of 40 dollars. Its still 40 dollars, but I won't be too pissed.

Serstylz2
12-13-2004, 10:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lootrock)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anybody ever heard of that brand before? </div>

I'm not seeing a brand name... it might just be a polished stock header...

Racing Sports is definitely generic speak, those words could be lowercase and have the same meaning

Lootrock
12-13-2004, 12:05 PM
I pick it up today in NYC, so I guess I'll find out when It's put on. Is there anyway to tell if its not just a polished stock header besides performance?

8G_GTZ
12-13-2004, 12:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lootrock)</div><div class='quotemain'>I pick it up today in NYC, so I guess I'll find out when It's put on. Is there anyway to tell if its not just a polished stock header besides performance?</div>

hold the stock one next to it and see what's different(ie:openings, cats, hangers). if it looks exactly the same but polished, well....sorry.

steve

bigbluetotoro
12-13-2004, 11:57 PM
i doubt its a stock one. there are three metal bracket things that the heat sheild bolts too on the stock ones. unless he shaved them off and did a damn good job of covering it up?

Lootrock
12-14-2004, 04:26 AM
I emailed him asking about the product and whatnot, and he said they're by OBX, and that he bought them for $350 a few blocks from a shop. Why didn't he just say they are by OBX in the description? Maybe Racing Sports is the name of the store. Whatever it is, I'll find out tommorrow, hopefully.

Serstylz2
12-14-2004, 11:32 AM
well the OBX ones arent great but its a brand name. Overall good deal. They are gonna turn gold the first time you use them BTW

Lootrock
12-15-2004, 01:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>well They are gonna turn gold the first time you use them BTW</div>

Why would that happen?

I picked them up finally after driving around NYC lost as shit for 3 hours. I just can't wait to put it on. That might get done tommorrow or the next.

HeadAche
12-15-2004, 08:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lootrock)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>well They are gonna turn gold the first time you use them BTW</div>

Why would that happen?

I picked them up finally after driving around NYC lost as shit for 3 hours. I just can't wait to put it on. That might get done tommorrow or the next.</div>

they turn a goldish color just because its not chrome its just a polish and once that polish heats up it starts to fade a way, hence the gold color.. bolt them on and give us some feedback on how they are.

SamirDarji
12-15-2004, 10:16 PM
My friend's OBX on his Accord did that after he installed them. They started getting pretty ugly over time. I'd get them ceramic coated. On the Accord, he felt a HUGE change, but he also installed a complete cat-back at the same time. Definitely let us know!

Lootrock
12-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Well........we tried putting the header and downpipe on and we ran into a problem. The downpipe wasn't long enough to clear the second cat. So we try unbolting the cat off anyway just to be sure, but the bolts are hard as hell to get off. We flash a light under there only to see that the damn bolts were welded on all around the flange and threads. So that was no fun to put everything back on. So basically now we're just waiting until I get my new cat if this guy ever decides to send it to me then we'll take it to the shop and get everything put on including my muffler. I'm getting wiery of waiting for this guy to send me my new cat so I'm about to just say f*** it and just throw everything on there without it.

SamirDarji
12-20-2004, 11:27 AM
To get those rusted bolts off, get some PBBlaster from a parts place (Auto Zone has it). I took my rusted cat bolts off by hand using this stuff. It rocks.

b-boy_sky
12-20-2004, 01:14 PM
To get those rusted bolts off, get some PBBlaster from a parts place (Auto Zone has it). I took my rusted cat bolts off by hand using this stuff. It rocks.

I dont think that would work if the bolts were welded on....

SamirDarji
12-20-2004, 02:08 PM

I dont think that would work if the bolts were welded on....
True. I meant that for rusted bolts. I'd like to see someone try to get off welded bolts!

SROL
12-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Ooo yeah. PB Blaster's frikkin awesome. I got to use it when I put my struts on.