View Full Version : Foglights

shortdogg2k05
12-23-2004, 05:25 PM
I did the search and did not find what I am looking for. I am looking for a good brand that is not to exspensive and shines blue for my fogs. As for my headlights I want something similar in color for the headlights. I also bought some cheap 1137s for my turn signals from autozone. Is their a better brand to use? Where can I get these products?

G-spot
12-23-2004, 05:57 PM
8G uses 1157 turn signals. If you want good "Blue" 893 fog lights, try the Affordable Terminal Warehouse on South Wayside between 610 South and Griggs Road. Call Phill and get a discount from them. I think you can buy a pair between $12-16 dollars and it's under the Toucan label. You can buy Sylvania Silverstar 893 bulbs $20 a pair even though the color is not "blue" at all. Highly recommend the Toucan approach and Rit Dye your fog housing purple to get the "white" glow. You can view the Rit Dye tutorial on the How to forums.

The best H4 (9003) to recommend non-HID lights are PIAA GT-X, RAZO Super White ZERO, any CATZ, and Raybrig 5000K Ultra White.

Silverstars, Eurolights, APC, and other cheapos are not worth your money.

You can purchase any of the lights above at:

Cartoys, Any import garage, Tweeters, DNA Racing, E-bay, and JC Whitney (I'm sure folks here may know other shops)

Good luck!

Serstylz2
12-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Gettin blue bulbs and then dyin the cover purple will make a white glow??

pinoyesv6
12-23-2004, 08:44 PM
my recommondation for the fogs is to str8 up get new housings. our stock housings aren't really friendly with aftermarket bulbs and will start to bubble up if the new bulbs run hotter.

you can get a decent set of aftermarket fog lamps with a glass face for relatively cheap. most of them come with "blue"/hyper white bulbs in them already. but yea most of them use the more common h3 bulb so finding an aftermarket bulb for that is easier.

Fall Out Boy
12-24-2004, 01:25 AM
ebay, ebay, ebay....i got blue headlight and fog light bulbs....just type in H4 or 893 and there will be plenty of listings.

im still waiting for my fog bulbs to come in, once i get them in ill let you know if they bubble up or what not....doesnt really matter to me if they do, that will just be the final push to get some angel eye fogs put in.

shortdogg2k05
12-27-2004, 01:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-spot)</div><div class='quotemain'>8G uses 1157 turn signals. If you want good "Blue" 893 fog lights, try the Affordable Terminal Warehouse on South Wayside between 610 South and Griggs Road. Call Phill and get a discount from them. I think you can buy a pair between $12-16 dollars and it's under the Toucan label. You can buy Sylvania Silverstar 893 bulbs $20 a pair even though the color is not "blue" at all. Highly recommend the Toucan approach and Rit Dye your fog housing purple to get the "white" glow. You can view the Rit Dye tutorial on the How to forums.

The best H4 (9003) to recommend non-HID lights are PIAA GT-X, RAZO Super White ZERO, any CATZ, and Raybrig 5000K Ultra White. Â*

Silverstars, Eurolights, APC, and other cheapos are not worth your money. Â*

You can purchase any of the lights above at:

Cartoys, Any import garage, Tweeters, DNA Racing, E-bay, and JC Whitney (I'm sure folks here may know other shops)

Good luck!</div>

So if I rit dye the lens purple then it will shine blue???

Serstylz2
12-28-2004, 03:26 PM
thats what im tryin to find out too..

Gladiator
12-30-2004, 11:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fall Out Boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>ebay, ebay, ebay....i got blue headlight and fog light bulbs....just type in H4 or 893 and there will be plenty of listings.

im still waiting for my fog bulbs to come in, once i get them in ill let you know if they bubble up or what not....doesnt really matter to me if they do, that will just be the final push to get some angel eye fogs put in.</div>

can you link me to what you got?

thanks

FastNFabolous
12-31-2004, 12:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>my recommondation for the fogs is to str8 up get new housings. our stock housings aren't really friendly with aftermarket bulbs and will start Â*to bubble up if the new bulbs run hotter.

you can get a decent set of aftermarket fog lamps with a glass face for relatively cheap. most of them come with "blue"/hyper white bulbs in them already. but yea most of them use the more common h3 bulb so finding an aftermarket bulb for that is easier.</div>

Does that apply to my 6G also?

Djayfusion99_es_v6
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
where can i find these glass housings that will convert these stupid 893 to h3 bulbs?

shortdogg2k05
01-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Are you having a hard time finding the 893 bulbs or are you just unhappy with them?

pinoyesv6
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Djayfusion99_es_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'>where can i find these glass housings that will convert these stupid 893 to h3 bulbs?</div>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/pinoyesv61/DSCN1097.jpg

i got these at pep boys. they aren't fancy like those angel eye ones but they do the job. they use a h3 bulb and they have the glass face. install was pretty easy too. just drilled a few holes for mounting and slpiced some wires for wiring

but yea you can find fog lights anywhere. auto parts stores to like discount stores like walmart. just gotta find one thats your style.

but yea, i wanted the new housings because you get a wider range of bulb selection with the h3 and since the faces of the lights are glass, they are able to handle the heat from using many aftermarket bulbs.

shortdogg2k05
01-04-2005, 05:05 PM
What color temp will give off a blue color. I heard 6000k gives off a deep blue color. What is the lowest color temp to give off a blue color.

Serstylz2
01-04-2005, 06:26 PM
higher the K the bluer it will be

http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/Hella/kelvin-scale.gif

Fall Out Boy
01-10-2005, 12:57 AM
finally threw my new 893 bulbs in tonight....the fog lens bubbled in about a min. didnt take long at all. guess its time for some angel eyes. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Djayfusion99_es_v6
01-11-2005, 08:33 PM
yeah i was looking into those at my work but didn't know if i wanted them. did u use the existing housing mounts, the plastic thing that holds the stock foglamps? u use the existing wiring and cut the harness off an connected the foglights to that? or did u retap and used the wiring that came with the kit? sorry too many questions but thanks for any response. sorry im kinda ignorant when it comes to electrical

pinoyesv6
01-11-2005, 10:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Djayfusion99_es_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah i was looking into those at my work but didn't know if i wanted them. did u use the existing housing mounts, the plastic thing that holds the stock foglamps? Â*u use the existing wiring and cut the harness off an connected the foglights to that? or did u retap and used the wiring that came with the kit? sorry too many questions but thanks for any response. Â*sorry im kinda ignorant when it comes to electrical</div>

i didn't use the existing housing mounts. im pretty sure that you could. i just didn't use them because i sold them off then i sold my stock fogs. i used the mounting bracket that came with the fogs and they are screwed into the bumper cover on the bottom.

as for the wiring, i cut off the stock connecter and crimped on the female end of the bullet connector. the fogs have the male end so all you do after you crimped on the bullet connector is plug them in.

i got some new fogs over the holidays so im getting rid of these. i've only driven my car like less than a dozen times since i got them. so if you're interested you can PM me. i'll let them go for pretty cheap.

Fall Out Boy
01-11-2005, 11:35 PM
what are the new ones you picked up?