PDA

View Full Version : My car die while slowing down to stop

NinjaWarGod
12-27-2004, 11:42 PM
just about 5min ago my car died on me. I was going about 70 and i was slowing down to turn and the battery and brake light came on and the car went to a halt. right in front of a train track, i think someone wants trying to kill me :roll: anyways what do yall think it is,i have no clue. the alternator maybe? need some input

NinjaWarGod
12-27-2004, 11:54 PM
forgot to mention that lately my windows have been stalling when i try to put them up, once it took around 2 mins of back and forth to get them up. maybe this also has something to do with the sudden stop????????????

Proto
12-28-2004, 01:37 AM
Check your altnator belt and have the altnator tested.

brandon
12-28-2004, 07:43 AM
Is the belt still on? That happened to me too but my belt had fallen off.

My car tries to stall on me when I come to a fast stop on a regular basis anyhow though. :roll:

Darkkend
12-28-2004, 10:05 AM
to check if it the alternator turn on the car let it run for a minute and then disconnect the battery. The car only needs the battery to start, after starting the alternator is powering the car.

If you alternator is good, when you disconnect your battery nothing should happen.
If the alternator is bad when you disonnect the battery the car should turn off, Which means your alternator is bad and the car is sucking your battery dry as an alternative.

Post your finds.

NinjaWarGod
12-28-2004, 01:06 PM
do i just unplug the neg or the pos or both. also what if i had no oil would that also make my car randomly stop

NinjaWarGod
12-28-2004, 01:16 PM
i unpluged the neg. and the car still ran i tried to unplug the pos and almost killed myself and put a burnt scratch on my cold air intake. :x , I think maybe that my oil pan isnt fixed and it is still leaking. what do yall think?

brandon
12-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Eek... Yeah you're lucky you didn't burn your arm off.

Did you check your oil to see if there's anything in there? If there isn't you'd likely hear a lot of pinging and probably worse.

josh_877
12-28-2004, 01:40 PM
yea i doubt it's the oil. just take the alternator to autozone so they can check it for free-oh wait, it doesnt move right?

NinjaWarGod
12-28-2004, 01:51 PM
it moves, i guess i am going to have to take it to autozone, i will have to go after my job interview. i hope they still do it. my srewdriver melted a little where it sparked.

NinjaWarGod
12-28-2004, 01:58 PM
o by the way i used to wrestler in high school, the fastest i beat someone was like 40 sec or something like that , and it was in a higher weight class. my coach was crazy he would let anyone come wrestle so that we could beat the crap out of them, once there was a basketball team from another school and we were about to get into a fight with them, when my coach came in and told them that i could take any of them down in 30 seconds and that if i couldnt he would give them $10. good times. yeah my oil was a little low, but i am going to give autozone a try. peace

josh_877
12-28-2004, 02:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NinjaWarGod)</div><div class='quotemain'>o by the way i used to wrestler in high school, the fastest i beat someone was like 40 sec or something like that , and it was in a higher weight class. Â*my coach was crazy he would let anyone come wrestle so that we could beat the crap out of them, once there was a basketball team from another school and we were about to get into a fight with them, when my coach came in and told them that i could take any of them down in 30 seconds and that if i couldnt he would give them $10. Â*good times.</div>

JiP
12-28-2004, 04:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NinjaWarGod)</div><div class='quotemain'>i unpluged the neg. and the car still ran i tried to unplug the pos and almost killed myself and put a burnt scratch on my cold air intake. Â*:x , Â*I think maybe that my oil pan isnt fixed and it is still leaking. Â*what do yall think?</div>

lmfao :laughing: :laughing:

NinjaWarGod
12-29-2004, 12:07 AM
yeah yeah yeah :roll: *cough* i hate you*

Darkkend
12-29-2004, 12:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NinjaWarGod)</div><div class='quotemain'>i unpluged the neg. and the car still ran i tried to unplug the pos and almost killed myself and put a burnt scratch on my cold air intake. Â*:x , Â*I think maybe that my oil pan isnt fixed and it is still leaking. Â*what do yall think?</div> you could have loosen it before turning on the car :roll: At least your allright, yeah it was both negative and positive (and keep them away from each other).

I didnt know autozone would check it, thats even better.

NinjaWarGod
12-30-2004, 12:49 AM
yeah tomorrow i will try it out and this time i will make sure that everything is loosened and what not, before pulling another evil canevil.

NinjaWarGod
12-30-2004, 01:48 PM
i took of both wires and the car still ran. If the car becomes overheated it turns off? i think maybe that my car is running hot and my themometer isnt working properly or that it still has an oil leak and i ran out of oil.