PDA

View Full Version : Installing Power Mirrors on DE

DQ
12-28-2004, 08:40 PM
So I got a mirror control switch off of ebay for pretty cheap. I want to put some power mirrors on my 8G DE.

Did a search and people were saying it's harder than it looks because the harness to plug into the power mirror switch does not come with the car?

Has anyone ever been able to wire the power mirror switch without the presence of the factory harness? I suppose I just need to know where the wires from the switch should be connected to?

pinoyesv6
12-28-2004, 09:13 PM
the switch has 9 wires.

one for power in.
one for the ground.

one for the power of the illumination
one for the ground of the illumination

then the other 5 go out to the mirrors.

and then at the mirror there are 5 wires that go for it

3 control the movements
and then 2 is for the heat which is connected on the same circuit as the rear defrost.

keithert
12-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Do all the power mirrors have heat?

DQ
12-29-2004, 01:42 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the switch has 9 wires.

one for power in.
one for the ground.

one for the power of the illumination
one for the ground of the illumination

then the other 5 go out to the mirrors.

and then at the mirror there are 5 wires that go for it

3 control the movements
and then 2 is for the heat which is connected on the same circuit as the rear defrost.</div>

Thanks for the info..
So on the non-DE Galants, where does the other end of the harness that plugs into the switch go? I assume it has to connect to the fuse box somehow right? Btw Pinoy, do you happen to have wiring diagram for the switch?

pinoyesv6
12-29-2004, 10:42 AM
pm me ur email adress and i'll sent u the wiring diagram for the switch and the mirror.