PDA

View Full Version : need ideas on how to transplant "artificial" bolts

peanotation
12-31-2004, 02:14 AM
so i have my new JDM wing, and there are only 3 bolts total, that can hold it down onto the trunk. one on each side, and one in the middle peice that comes down. i can see there used to be 3 bolts PER side, and one in the middle, but the ones on the side somehow got broken off or screwed up. basically, i want to insert new bolts into the holes so i can have more mounting strength with the trunk. so my question is, what can i use to CEMENT new bolts into the old holes, something that's strong enough to never break. JB weld?

silveresv6
12-31-2004, 03:45 AM
what type of material is the wing??? if its metal i would definatly go JB Weld. that stuff is a miracle worker. if its fiberglass or some other material try using a 2 part epoxy or hell use JB anyway.....as long as the surface is clean it should stick no prob.

GalantGuy96
12-31-2004, 03:53 AM
ive got some homemade glue you could use https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

peanotation
12-31-2004, 01:05 PM
it's the same stuff the OEM spoilers for the GTZ is made out of. really light, somewhat strong, natural color is like an off-gray. can i still use JB weld?