PDA

View Full Version : how can i fill up holes in trunk from spoiler?

peanotation
01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
so i removed my Evo VI wing and i'm about to apply the JDM spoiler. i drilled 6 holes in my trunk for the old spoiler, but the new one doesn't even get close to the holes, so i have to patch them up. i used bondo, but my trunk was wet inside this morning (it rained last night) so that's not working. how the hell can i fill these holes up? they're about 1/8" wide in diameter, and the car's getting painted in a few weeks, so it doesn't matter how it looks, as long as it's smooth and completely fills up the hole. thanks

datdude305
01-03-2005, 09:52 PM
weld the hole closed and grind it smooth duh!

EGALANT01
01-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah just weld them and grind it down if u want put some bondo over that...

peanotation
01-03-2005, 10:59 PM
so i can use a torch and what? what would i use for metal to close up the holes, something that's meltable with a little propane torch

pinoyesv6
01-03-2005, 11:08 PM
looks like you want to do this yourself. and yea. looks like you don't know how to weld. so imma suggest fiberglass.

peanotation
01-03-2005, 11:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks like you want to do this yourself. and yea. looks like you don't know how to weld. so imma suggest fiberglass.</div>

haha, yeah, these holes are kinda a big deal i guess. i might have the body shop fix them up while they're molding my skirts on