View Full Version : intake plenum mod

Djayfusion99_es_v6
01-03-2005, 11:10 PM
ok here is a question the 3g eclipse is similar to the 8g now for a performance issue will the intake plenum fit on the 8g and will i get better performance from it?

BlankMan
01-03-2005, 11:19 PM
I assume from your name you're talking about the V6 engine? No, it won't add anything - it's the same engine and intake manny as the Galant. Same for the I4, for that matter. For the v6 you can look at using the 2g diamante intake mannifold/plenum. For the I4, there isn't anything currently - but RIPP Mods is working on a performance intake that's prototyped right now...

J

DryBear
01-04-2005, 12:44 AM
The 2003 GTS has a different plenium, that has equal length runners and butterfly valves to modify the flow - however, from posts on the eclipse boards, doing the swap to the GTS or Diamante pleniums are more worth it for forced induction applications.

01rbuild
01-04-2005, 06:04 AM
how about the 2g spyder for the i4. that is one of my upgrades on my list.

the problem is the tb is on the passenger side but i can fix that some how?!

Mante
01-05-2005, 02:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01rbuild)</div><div class='quotemain'>how about the 2g spyder for the i4. that is one of my upgrades on my list.

the problem is the Â*tb is on the passenger side but i can fix that some how?!</div>

that problem is hte exact reason it was pushed off to the side, the only motor in the 2g's that is close is the very hated 420a everything faces the same as the 8g but it would probrably be no benifit of having it.

RIPPMODS
01-27-2005, 11:37 AM
We are prototyping a intake plenum as we speak.

It has been fitted on a car, we are just trying to run it and get some number on that.

Numbers will be posted as soon as we run the car.