PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions regarding my 96.

Abd
10-03-2002, 11:31 PM
Well first of all, its weird because its a 96 v4 galant, with close to 109,000 miles on it. And for some reason the check engine light never goes off, i have had it checked to see what was wrong but nothing seems to be wrong with the engine. Also is it just my car, but when ever i step on the gas, the cur hurdles forth and lets out a thump. Its like you have to slightly touch the gas so that you dont hear and feel that noise.
Another Question is regarding mufflers and intake. What website can i check out to find a 5Zigen Fireball, and a intake you would recomend..
thanks alot

Mazarin
10-04-2002, 12:13 AM
Well first of all, its weird because its a 96 v4 galant, with close to 109,000 miles on it. And for some reason the check engine light never goes off, i have had it checked to see what was wrong but nothing seems to be wrong with the engine.

Just to let you know, it's an I4(inline 4), not a V4. The check engine light could be on for a multiple of reasons. If you can, take it to a dealer, and have them look @ it.

Also is it just my car, but when ever i step on the gas, the cur hurdles forth and lets out a thump. Its like you have to slightly touch the gas so that you dont hear and feel that noise.

That's your transmission getting angry w/ you. It don't like dat. Do you know the last time the transmission fluid was looked @ or changed?

Another Question is regarding mufflers and intake. What website can i check out to find a 5Zigen Fireball, and a intake you would recomend..

thanks alot

Try http://www.whalentire.com/ ('http://www.whalentire.com/') Good prices on wheels there. Other places can be founf in our links section, like Nopi, or Options.

Good luck!

Golden Child
10-06-2002, 07:49 PM
My check engine light used to stay on. I just changed the spark plugs and it hasn't come on since. :idea:

BEAST
10-07-2002, 01:25 PM
If I was you I wouldn't be spending my money on an intake or muffler bro. I would be takin my car to the tranny shop and gettin that taken care of quick. You may be able to save it before it is too late. Transmission aren't cheap. Then you should probably take it into a mitsu dealer or local shop to have a diagnostics check done. If you want to find some intakes or mufflers though check E-bay. Get a K&N cone filter with the adaptor or weapon-r.

Jesse
10-07-2002, 03:45 PM
Could be a bad motor mount. Your motor will move if you get on it and the mount is broke.