PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me?

Lori
01-08-2005, 10:50 AM
In the recent past I have posted about getting another orginal key sent to me from my mitsu dealer as well as getting another remote keyless entry. Well the mitsu dealer i went to the other day - the lot was empty. And CT mitsu dealers are disapearing, FAST.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can attain these things? Yes, someone mentioned e-bay for the remote.. But is that smart? How will it be compatible with my car?

My main issue, anyway, is getting a key sent to me. I cant lock my doors until i get one (i'm afraid i wont be able to get back in)! It's a bad scene.

Any help/advice would be great!!

Thank you.

jiul
01-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Lori the dealer has the codes. and a machine that can cut a key from the codes.

You can call around for locksmiths and see if any of them have both of those.

Does your key have/had a transponder ( chip) ?

Lori
01-08-2005, 03:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>Lori the dealer has the codes. and a machine that can cut a key from the codes.

You can call around for locksmiths and see if any of them have both of those.

Does your key have/had a transponder ( chip) ?</div>

I am not 100% sure :oops: But I dont think so. Because I went to the local mom&pop store around here to have my key copied and it worked fine, like the one time i needed to use it.... so that leads me to believe I do not have a transponder chip.

I am going to call around at various dealers in the state and see who is actually still around.

Thanks

shannon957g
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah...there must be something with our keys.

I took mine to walmart to get copies (my valet key got stolen, and i lost two of the spares---so that's 3/4 that came with the car)...and they looked at me and were like "Pffttt uhhhh we can't copy these."

Lori
01-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Update:

So i went to the dealer today and ordered a remote...$200 later. But $200 is better than not locking my doors ever and having my car get stolen.

As far as the key goes.. I have to go back when they get a newer machine to cut codes - end of the week. The guy told me he'd cut me a deal, bc he felt bad that the remote was so much. haha Sucker! Naw that's nice of him.

Well, that's that.

burthold
01-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Topic Split off topic

Topic locked.
Wes