PDA

View Full Version : pasenger side airbag

GalantRcr
10-04-2002, 09:33 AM
Hi, I have had this problem for a while. My passenger side airbag has been warped by the sun and is now getting worse. It is coming out of the top and I can see the airbag inside of the hole. I dont want to pay a dealer mad money to fix it so does anyone know if theres a way for me to do it myself? thanks.

jluv97
10-04-2002, 03:25 PM
Keep in mind this is at your own risk!!!!!

You can do it, but it can be really tricky! The pass side is rough to take apart, you have to start at the console (around the shifter) and work forward. To remove the airbag you need to take out the fake wood stuff, glove box and I vaguely remember (don't quote me here) that there is one below the pass AC vent. Best advice is buy the bags on Ebay (or another reputable black market source), then buy a Chiltons.
Considering the risk involved in an airbag going off in your face, I would strongly advise leaving it to a shop to do the work.

Best of luck

dsm galant
10-15-2002, 01:39 PM
taking out the passenger side air bag is not that hard, it prob take 15 mins at the most, all you need to do i take off the glove box, then take off this black plastic cover that screws to the left side of the under air bag and then there will be 4 10mm screws, remove them and out comes your airbag, make sure you un plug your air bag first, and remove the battery before playing with it. i am not sure about the computer if it will get messed up and the srs light will stay on