PDA

View Full Version : need headers??

neel9
01-13-2005, 04:25 PM
i have a 2000 galant es and i was wondering what headers will fit my car..
i am thinking of getting some of these later... but was wondering if they were smog legal??
http://www.coximport.com/store/MHR4003 ('http://www.coximport.com/store/MHR4003')
will they fit my car... by the way what year eclipse suspenion fits my car... ??

Slow Poke
01-13-2005, 04:30 PM
they will im pretty sure .. but u might need to do some exhuast work to make em fit.. im running obx 4-1 headers on my car .. and i got a code shitp iss me off.. they prob will work tho

neel9
01-13-2005, 04:48 PM
i made a custom exhaust ... and so.. i am worried if they will passs smog and shit.. even though usually dcsports has legal shit too.. has any one put a dc sport header on their 8g.. i thought some one did few months ago.. helpp

pinoyesv6
01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
its says you live in california. is your car also registered in california?? if it is, you definitely won't pass inspection with those dc sports headers.

Zero_4073
01-13-2005, 08:48 PM
you won't pass smog at all. If you want one from kamikaze go here,
www.ptuning.com

Lootrock
01-13-2005, 09:36 PM
I just happen to be selling my OBX headers :smilegrin: I don't know if they'd pass emissions or anything, but I definitely won't be charging you as much as those two sites. PM me if you're interested. They've never been used seeming as I got a turbo RIGHT before I was about to get the exhaust done.

neel9
01-14-2005, 11:35 AM
hey zero.. do u know about the smog legal and shit.... u have some so.. do u think i will pass with dc sports headers..??i have a i4.. car registered here of course..

pinoyesv6
01-14-2005, 11:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey zero.. do u know about the smog legal and shit.... u have some so.. do u think i will pass with dc sports Â*headers..??i have a i4.. car registered here of course..</div>

the DC sports headers will never pass CARB. the DC sports headers are long tube headers meaning that they replace the stock downpipe also. on many cars, this wouldn't be a problem but on the galant, the cats are welded onto the stock downpipe. and for that reason, those headers will never be CARB approved.

Zero_4073
01-16-2005, 02:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey zero.. do u know about the smog legal and shit.... u have some so.. do u think i will pass with dc sports Â*headers..??i have a i4.. car registered here of course..</div>

No header will. Because you have to remove your precat. Which is completely against California's smog laws. I just put my stock exhaust mani back on so I can smog my car. If you want a header, you'll just have to go back to stock when you get a smog check.

Reelax
01-16-2005, 06:05 AM
no dp or headers will pass smog in CA unless u have money or are very close w/ the smog tester or both... the good news is that u don't have to smog for the first 5 years if u buy the car new then every 2 years after that; the bad news is it takes multiple benjamins to pass w/o the stock precats and main cat that the dp or headers omit/replace. even hi-flow cats are illegal in CA on OBDII cars (1995+).

neel9
01-16-2005, 09:28 AM
how often do u do a smog.. i heard that if u do not pass the first time u have to do it ever year or something??

pinoyesv6
01-16-2005, 04:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>how often do u do a smog.. </div>

read the post above the post u posted

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>i heard that if u do not pass the first time u have to do it ever year or something??</div>

if you don't pass you can get it fixed and retest. or you can just not drive the car legally and pay some fines.