PDA

View Full Version : CHECK THIS OUT

neel9
01-14-2005, 11:56 AM
MEGAN RACING LOCATED IN LA MAKES OUR EXHAUST NOW.. I HAVE THEIR STRUT BARS AND THEY PRETTY GOOD.. THEY WERE DAMM CHEAP BUT HEY WORK..IF SOME ONE IS INTERESTED IN AN EXHAUST .///

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7947843188&rd=1 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=7947843188&rd=1')

01GalantLSV6
01-14-2005, 02:42 PM
good find, someone should try it out and see if it fits.

8ggalant
01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
if i had 300 or so id do it

Fall Out Boy
01-15-2005, 12:49 AM
think it would matter if i threw it on a V6?

8ggalant
01-15-2005, 03:11 PM
well i dont see why it would be a problem...3.0 liter car...2.5inch exhaust...good combo

01GalantLSV6
01-15-2005, 05:01 PM
yea its a good combo, i have 2.5 inch custom catback on my car. but i think he meant more in terms of the exhaust routing, will there be any difference in fitment on a v6 compared to an I4. and that i do not know the answer to...

8ggalant
01-16-2005, 12:07 AM
oh ok i see...i dunno that answer either..

well i wrote the guy and asked him what "DRIFT SPEC" meant and he said its an "angled exit" exhaust (so it looks like a supra or 240sx's exhaust)...i also asked for pics on the prototype car but got none....

neel9
01-16-2005, 12:44 AM
i think he means by the angle exit meaning that have u seen the latest exhaust systems for 240's as well as supra..s they kind look at an angle but i am checking out the piping and seems like it will come out straight.. i like the anagle look.. i did on my car but as its low could not make it more angled.....

hsinya
01-16-2005, 02:14 AM
omg no.... run away from megan racing. they're a local shop about 20 miles away from me(i think in pomona or walnut). i've had to deal with them multiple times because some of my idiot ricer friends bought things from megan racing even though i had strongly advised them not to.

their merchandise are PURELY COSMETIC. absolutely no r/d has gone into any of their stuff. many times stuff that comes from that company does not fit or the fitment is extremely poor. and they will refuse to refund your product even though it is defective.

the 1st time i went down to their storefront to resolve a fitment problem on my friends cai for a 3000gt, they offered to sell me coilovers for the 8g, guess how much they offered me.... $200. i thought wut the hell.... i took a look at them, complete POS, you get what you pay for. their staff have zero knowledge of anything automotive related. they didnt even know what the MAS was for when i was showing them how the cai for the 3000gt didn't fit. all of their products are produced overseas from various manufacturers in asia(mostly from china)

really i have no freakin clue how these guys stay in business(they probably get alot of suckers to buy their crap)

again, if you didn't get the drift, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MEGAN RANCING

BlankMan
01-16-2005, 06:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01GalantLSV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>...but i think he meant more in terms of the exhaust routing, will there be any difference in fitment on a v6 compared to an I4. Â*and that i do not know the answer to...</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh ok i see...i dunno that answer either...</div>

FYI guys - cat back piping and routing for the I4 and V6 is the same. Differences come in to play when you start talking fed/cali spec. The cali spec has slight different hanger positioning for the mid pipe and the mid pipe flange is rotated.

J

Fall Out Boy
01-16-2005, 04:44 PM
i asked they seller if this was compatible with a V6 setup and all i got back was, "nope."

ya, i was curios if the piping would match up being it says its for a 4 banger. not sure if there is any difference on the setup.

ChikagoGTZ
01-17-2005, 06:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01GalantLSV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>...but i think he meant more in terms of the exhaust routing, will there be any difference in fitment on a v6 compared to an I4. Â*and that i do not know the answer to...</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh ok i see...i dunno that answer either...</div>

FYI guys - cat back piping and routing for the I4 and V6 is the same. Differences come in to play when you start talking fed/cali spec. The cali spec has slight different hanger positioning for the mid pipe and the mid pipe flange is rotated.

J</div>

Damn fed spec exhaust hell.... :evil: