PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust manufactuer would you use

MentalbassHead
01-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Im gon name a couple and just give your 2 cents as for wich 1 you would use for what resons ect and say wich model of exaust they make you would use to

HKS,apexi,greddy,tanabe,dc sports,magnaflow,skunk2

I would probably go with hks carbon ti exaust or the apexi gt spec

seth98esT
01-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Are you talking muffler or what? Exhaust doesnt = muffler...

neel9
01-14-2005, 01:32 PM
my friends use tanabe as well as greddy.... thats an exhaust the whole cat back... but if at all u going for muffler.. i have jdm one.. but hks as well as apex n1 as well as tanabe muffler sound good. so.. if at all i go for one of these... i would go with..apex n1(run about 150) or tanabe..

SilverDragonGTZ
01-14-2005, 04:40 PM
i have a tenzo-r muffler with 2.5" cat-back piping...but i have a v6...has a nice tone to it...almost unnoticeable at idle...but at wot its a very nice "grunt" i guess you could say...not tinny and ricey....

MentalbassHead
01-14-2005, 05:27 PM
ah just go with both because you can adapt the cat back fro ma eclipse to work on our car any how right

8ggalant
01-14-2005, 05:52 PM
id go w/ the first 4 dunno bout the last 3 tho :?

neel9
01-16-2005, 12:52 AM
it all depends on what u want.. i like the way they sound so.. i went for espilier... apex n1 has a damm nice noise.. even hks... so.. depending on ur needs

GalantGuy96
01-16-2005, 01:42 AM
damn....tough....i love greddy, but i love khs too, and n1 mufflers are so sicl....hm..if u want somethign loud, get the hks, most over their mufflers are load as shit.
if u want a nice sound, something like the evo exhuast from greddy would be real nice.
but, apexi is freaking great too...its just up to u.

hsinya
01-16-2005, 01:55 AM
hks carbon titanium muffler is VERY VERY LOUD. the cops will hear u from miles away.

01-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Custom cut/bent/pieced exhaust at 2.5", all the usuals (mandrel bending, T-304 stainless steel), with an ES oval muffler. Teh win.

maximus
01-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Hey guys,just wanted your opinion on this.My best friend had an 02 eclipse gt and he bought a full 3" cat-back apexi n1 exhaust system.He sold his car and bought a 04 sti so he doesn't need the exhaust any more.Should I put this on the G once it is turboed.I have a custom 2.5 gts exhaust on my 02 galant es right now and it sound good not to load so the cops leave me alone.

8ggalant
01-16-2005, 02:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey guys,just wanted your opinion on this.My best friend had an 02 eclipse gt and he bought a full 3" cat-back apexi n1 exhaust system.He sold his car and bought a 04 sti so he doesn't need the exhaust any more.Should I put this on the G once it is turboed.I have a custom 2.5 gts exhaust on my 02 galant es right now and it sound good not to load so the cops leave me alone.</div>

if u get it from him for cheap i say go for it...u'll need to add sum piping tho...not too much i think a foot or so

maximus
01-16-2005, 02:34 PM
I could get it free!!! The only thing I don't like is it's an under axle exhaust and at 3" piping it's going to be hard to hide it.I had the greddy evo exhaust and that was an under axle as well.I didn't care for it cause when you stood behind the car you could see all the piping under the car.I will think about it and let you guy's know what I decide to do.

8ggalant
01-16-2005, 04:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I could get it free!!! The only thing I don't like is it's an under axle exhaust and at 3" piping it's going to be hard to hide it.I had the greddy evo exhaust and that was an under axle as well.I didn't care for it cause when you stood behind the car you could see all the piping under the car.I will think about it and let you guy's know what I decide to do.</div>

oh well shyt if u had the greddy exhaust then u already know wassup lol....what are yer driving conditions like...for example i know that there is no where that id go that i would run into a probl w/ under the axle exhaust (not the my g will ever get the pleasure :cry: ) but my brother has an fc w/ three inche under the axle and our cars sit about the same height off the ground and when i drive his car i have no problems.....welll he did get stuck on a speed bump the other night lol...that was heeeelarious...but yea..go for it dude

maximus
01-16-2005, 05:18 PM
I only drive on the street,but living in maine there are alot of pot holes and speed bumps in the parking lots.I just don't know if I like the looks of the exhaust below the axle.I could cut it and reroute it above the rear axle if there is enough room there.I can't remember but I don't think there is. :cry:

8ggalant
01-17-2005, 08:18 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I only drive on the street,but living in maine there are alot of pot holes and speed bumps in the parking lots.I just don't know if I like the looks of the exhaust below the axle.I could cut it and reroute it above the rear axle if there is enough room there.I can't remember but I don't think there is. :cry:</div>

the guy i bought my turbo kit from (3rd gen eclipse) routed his above the axle w/ barely any clearance but he did it :wink:

neel9
01-18-2005, 12:37 PM
hey this is a nice muffler.. usually goes retail for about 150
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33636 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7948663722&category=33636')

pinoyesv6
01-18-2005, 01:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7948663722&category=33636

tell me. who makes it??

neel9
01-18-2005, 07:43 PM
doesn't apex makes it....

pinoyesv6
01-18-2005, 08:32 PM
doesn't apex makes it....

i know apex makes mufflers but i don't see anything about them making that one..

Danger DANJ
01-19-2005, 08:16 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7948663722&category=33636

They claim 8-12 hp gain. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Even with a full catback exhaust you might not see that much of a gain. I doubt that muffler is by Apex'I. It's just a knock-off.