PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make rear STB bars for the Galant????

GalantT3
10-04-2002, 11:49 AM
I just got a STB bar from freedom design after months of putting it off. Now that I have the STB bar I can really feel the difference in handeling I can take sharp turns and corners faster than ever before! But I thought about it and if I had a rear STB bar the handeling on the car would be out of control!!! So Im asking are there any companies out there that make "rear" STB bars for 8G Galants. If so please tell me and list the website address if they have one.

Thanks!

mochanges
10-04-2002, 03:13 PM
No one makes one for our cars because that area is already braced. Usually rear stbs are for hatchbacks or coupes, where the rear suspension mounting points are not braced/boxed at all. In some sedans, the rear can use an STB when the strut tops mount in the trunk. Our struts tops are right under the rear deck, where they are already boxed, so even if you could get an stb in there, you would feel no difference.

-Mohammad

chibisak
10-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Actually Jaspen are testing some in Asia
however they need totally more then 100 to be produce.
So .. wait others or 100 ppl
haha impossible :shock: :shock:

RedGalant2k1
10-04-2002, 11:50 PM
Actually Jaspen are testing some in Asia
however they need totally more then 100 to be produce.
So .. wait others or 100 ppl
haha impossible :shock: :shock:

No point to produce seeing as the install would entail drilling into the rear trunk frame. Its plenty braced believe me. The JDM Galant may be different.

Ghost Beat
10-05-2002, 10:15 AM
ya i dont see the pont in it the pont of the stb is to tie the 2 together if there's room in between letting the car flex but owr's is all in 1 peice in the back so there's no point to if owr rear shocks were in the trunk then we would need one

chibisak
10-05-2002, 10:43 PM
JDM are same setting as us
but they have the same problem since from the same design but whenever they have it i will post it on

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
10-06-2002, 11:59 AM
I just got a STB bar from freedom design after months of putting it off. Now that I have the STB bar I can really feel the difference in handeling I can take sharp turns and corners faster than ever before! But I thought about it and if I had a rear STB bar the handeling on the car would be out of control!!! So Im asking are there any companies out there that make "rear" STB bars for 8G Galants. If so please tell me and list the website address if they have one.

Thanks!

hey guys i am interested in having the stb bar. u know where i can find a good deal? and is it easy to install?
thnx for your advices...

TJC
10-06-2002, 12:21 PM
You want more chassis stiffening, look into Dr. Designs full kit. or the like. I wish someone like Tanabe would do something like that with crossmember braces for underneath the car. Other things that can add to the handling and ride quality are suspension (shocks/struts/springs/coilovers), bushings, tires (stickiness/width/profile). Each of these changes can add or take away greatly from these qualities too.

TJC
10-06-2002, 12:22 PM
You want more chassis stiffening, look into Dr. Designs full kit. or the like. I wish someone like Tanabe would do something like that with crossmember braces for underneath the car. Other things that can add to the handling and ride quality are suspension (shocks/struts/springs/coilovers), bushings, tires (stickiness/width/profile). Each of these changes can add or take away greatly from these qualities too. There's more than one way to change the dynamics of the car. :wink:

pinoyesv6
10-06-2002, 04:52 PM
don't get mad. actually freedom design was interested in making a rear stb for our cars. i was the one who volunteered to be the prototype but then after thinking about it for like 10 mins, i said "fuck this" cuz we don't actually need one. we have real good support in that area and would totally be a ricer mod...no kool

BBGalant
10-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Road Race Engineering has the rear STB for the 3G. I asked and it will fit the Galant. They agreed it was pointless though.