PDA

View Full Version : folding mirros

neel9
01-18-2005, 12:49 PM
hey guys.. i am lloking for folding mirrors.. which car one will fit mine or they make for 8g's.. i have heard that some people have installed according mirrors.. if i find the accord one do u think they will fit.. please help

pinoyesv6
01-18-2005, 01:31 PM
unfortunately, the usdm galants don't have folding mirrors. if you want galant folding mirrors your gonna have to try some international country. if you can try to make sure its from a left hand drive country. if its from a right hand drive country, no big worries, you just have to buy new glass so that things are left hand drive.

the usdm accord has folding mirrors. but i believe they are manual fold. but yea they should go on similar to the aftermarket accord mirrors that every1 is putting on their cars.

Stunner 2
03-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I just added 94 accord Folding LED mirrors from Toucan Ind. they are simular to the new M3's mirrors. only mods were the holes were the mirrors attach. my shits flapping like a bird LOL

cardude03
03-06-2005, 02:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stunner 2)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just added 94 accord Folding LED mirrors from Toucan Ind. Â*they are simular to the new M3's mirrors. Â*only mods were the holes were the mirrors attach. Â*my shits flapping like a bird LOL</div>

power folding or manual?

Stunner 2
03-14-2005, 09:40 AM
they have a switch to fold them in and out, but I was thinking of removing the switch and attach the cables to the ignition cables so that they open everytime the car is turned on. is that a good idea, any suggestions.

pinoyesv6
03-14-2005, 09:53 AM
if it was only that easy...

if you have it hooked up to the ignition to open, how would it close? you'd have to reverse the polarity to get it to close. not as simple as hookin it up to the ingition.

how would u get the motors on the mirrors to stop once they are fully opened or closed? i haven't tested my mirrors yet but im pretty sure i'd burn out the motors if i kept sending juice to it once it couldn't move anymore. but don't quote me on that one.

neel9
03-15-2005, 12:22 AM
sound like too much work.. but it looks JDM

Stunner 2
03-17-2005, 11:04 AM
I will take some pics soon as I am also working on new custom fenders and the SI civic Lip with wings like the JDM lip that we seen. but Yes it looks N i C e everyone loves the look.

Pinoy need help on hooking up the turning signals email me at [email protected] if you have a way to hook up the signals.

NYmagicstk
03-27-2005, 04:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if it was only that easy...

if you have it hooked up to the ignition to open, how would it close? you'd have to reverse the polarity to get it to close. not as simple as hookin it up to the ingition.

how would u get the motors on the mirrors to stop once they are fully opened or closed? i haven't tested my mirrors yet but im pretty sure i'd burn out the motors if i kept sending juice to it once it couldn't move anymore. but don't quote me on that one.</div>

<span style='color:blue'>If you could figure out how to set it up like pop up head lights it could work. some cars' headlights go down automatically when you turn the car off, and come up automatically when you turn it on.</span>

devgrp
04-01-2005, 06:53 AM
I'm no rocket scientist, but I bet it could work using a relay. Go ask the guys over at the12volt.com forums. They are very knowledgable about these kind of stuff.

I'm also looking to buy some folding mirrors, seeing how these damn school kids just broke of my right side.

pinoyesv6
04-01-2005, 09:20 AM
i think i figured it out. the thing with using the relays is that you need at least for my mirrors something to hold the circuit closed for a few seconds and then open it back up once the mirrors are done folding.

honda has that "relay" box which i think does the same thing.

i figure that if i make a 555 timer monostable circuit that i could do the same thing as that relay box. just have the time keep the circuit open for like 5 seconds or however long it takees my mirrors to open and close.

djScript
04-01-2005, 09:31 AM
look for PAC TR-7 in your local car audio shop or ebay. It's a universal trigger module that has timed outputs. i think linear actuator controller might also work.

pinoyesv6
04-01-2005, 09:42 AM
look for PAC TR-7 in your local car audio shop or ebay. It's a universal trigger module that has timed outputs. i think linear actuator controller might also work.

oh kool. thanks for the tip. imma look into how the PAC TR-7 works and make sure it works for my applicaiton

neel9
04-01-2005, 10:05 AM
so just buy m3 mirrors and will they fold?

pinoyesv6
04-01-2005, 10:17 AM
so just buy m3 mirrors and will they fold?

i guess. i don't have m3 mirrrors so i don't know what kinda modifications need to be done but i guess if u had the determination then you can pull it off..

here's a link to some on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33649 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7965276642&category=33649')

neel9
04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
what kind of mirrors fit our galants? was it accords or?

HeadAche
04-01-2005, 11:12 AM
what kind of mirrors fit our galants? was it accords or?

Ive heard the 96 accord mirros do fit.

Stunner 2
04-01-2005, 01:40 PM
neel 94 accord mirrors on my car. but they are not the ones that have the 2 sticks that holds them here
http://www.toucanindustries.com/index.php?...65&pos=30,15,65 ('http://www.toucanindustries.com/index.php?src=directory&view=products&srctype=display&back=products&id=57169&view=products&submenu=Ractive&category=Exterior+Styling&pos=30%2C15%2C65&pos=30,15,65')

neel9
04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
i am lookig for some folding ones.. the signals.. not a big thing for me

NYmagicstk
04-01-2005, 11:43 PM
<span style='color:blue'>I'd like to see if the lambo folding mirrors like on the 745's can be fit to our cars, those are nice.</span>