PDA

View Full Version : Levoc shifter install help

SinSere
10-04-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm almost done, but anyone who has installed the Levoc auto shifter can you tell me if you put the small hex head screws in the bottom part of the shifter. There is holes for three and also there is large and small ones, so if you did, which size did you use. Very nice shifter, install not too bad, wish the e-brake fit, would have been a good day. thanks for the help. And yes I read the tutorial.

TJC
10-04-2002, 06:54 PM
I would think any hole you can put the right screw into would work. As for the e-brake cover, others have said that you have to shave the handle down a little to put one on.

SinSere
10-04-2002, 07:32 PM
shave huh, like file the ebrake down itself or what. I haven't seen anyone really with a cover, so I don't know who to ask. The metal is very hard, that could be a very messy job.

Danger DANJ
10-04-2002, 11:53 PM
On my Levoc shift knob, I put all three of the tiny hex screws in. For the other two bigger holes, I only put a screw in one of them because the other whole didn't line up with a hole on the post.

As for the brake handle, a couple people have put it on and they shaved some of the rubber to get it to fit. They didn't shave any metal.

SinSere
10-05-2002, 06:19 PM
this ebrake handle came with a boot, so you take the whole rubber boot off which I did and everything is supposed to just fit and it doesn't. I'm down to the metal, no more rubber, so I don't know what to do.

Jeff
11-12-2002, 01:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SinSere)</div><div class='quotemain'>this ebrake handle came with a boot, so you take the whole rubber boot off which I did and everything is supposed to just fit and it doesn't. I'm down to the metal, no more rubber, so I don't know what to do.</div>

yo...i just got that in the mail today from autotoys. I'm pissed...they had my order just sitting there for like 2 weeks and I had to call up and give em hell before they would ship it....now that I have it, I find out I have to hacksaw about half of the threads off of the tip and handle...easy install??
Yeah right.

TWISTED II
05-30-2003, 11:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SinSere)</div><div class='quotemain'>this ebrake handle came with a boot, so you take the whole rubber boot off which I did and everything is supposed to just fit and it doesn't. I'm down to the metal, no more rubber, so I don't know what to do.</div>

i know this is from like, a year ago, but i'm at the same spot you are right now. metal, lol. how did you end up getting it to work. you can PM me if ya want, or im me at BaggedGTZ01, or just respond here, lol. i need help.

leicoolya
05-30-2003, 02:42 PM
yea i need some help also...i got an ichibahn shift knob and i was wondering if u have to cut the slanted piece so it can slide down so it can fit where the screws can be screwed in???

vlovan
05-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey you guys dont have to cut or shave anything if you order the e handle from autotoys it just slip over the metal and holds in place with the hex screws that came with it. I dont know how to put the pics up in here so I can show you guys.

pinoyesv6
06-01-2003, 03:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leicoolya)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i need some help also...i got an ichibahn shift knob and i was wondering if u have to cut the slanted piece so it can slide down so it can fit where the screws can be screwed in???</div>

if you are talking about the white plastic part in the inside of the shaft that goes up and down, then yea you got to trim it down. but i suggest that you trim it slowly. better safe than sorry i say.