PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Strainer

Drastic
01-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I have a problem and I pray it isn't too serious. Lately the G has been accelerating roughly. When I say that I mean that when I hit about 40-55 mph the rpm's get to where they shift gears but instead of doing it smoothly it goes up so far and then it's like the car isn't pulling at all for a split second and then it jerks into the next gear.

I was talking to a friend today and he told me that it sounded like my transmission strainer because he just recently had the same problem, ignored it, and burned his gears up. Now his car won't even move in reverse and he told me to replace my strainer as soon as possible to avoid serious damage. Does he know what he's talking about? If not, what might be the problem.
Thankx Sincerely for any info.

pinoyesv6
01-27-2005, 08:34 PM
when's the last time you changed the tranny fluid??

if you've changed it before, what kind did u use??

how is the tranny fluid level now?

before we all get into complicated stuff that happened with ur buddy's car, lets start with the simple and work our way there..

my car does the same thing. first time it did it, it was a hint for me to change my fluid. problem went away. mine's starting to do it again so imma have to check things out in the morning.

Drastic
01-27-2005, 09:21 PM
I'll check in the morning and reply then. Thankx

Drastic
01-28-2005, 04:48 PM
The transmission fluid is good. Probably a littte to much if anything. If that wasn't the problem though... what next?

pinoyesv6
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
what kinda tranny fluid is in there? the fluid might look good. perfect color (still red/pink), still clean, the level is right but if it isn't the right fluid then thats probably the cause of your problems.

Drastic
01-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Oh well it wasn't pink. It was very dark, almost brown. :? Is that the problem.

pinoyesv6
01-28-2005, 11:47 PM
change the fluid. you'll know more after you change the fluid. but changing you really help if not fix the problem