PDA

View Full Version : Horrible vibration

extremsprt86
01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
so i got new brakes and rotated the tires. everything seemed fine, but when i hit highway speeds the steering wheel vibrates rediculously, could my rims be off balance, brakes off, or what else could cause that. before i got new brakes there was vibration but only in stopping so i figured the brakes were warped. got new ones and now just driving vibrates like crazy, someone help me before i warp a whole new set of brakes.

krispy03
01-28-2005, 12:06 AM
we got your good vibrations.......seweeeeet sensation........
i got kinda the same situation

pinoyesv6
01-28-2005, 12:10 AM
i'd make sure that everything was torque correctly. from the lug nuts to the bolts in the braking system

smsphoto4
01-28-2005, 01:07 AM
That happened to me once and it turned out that my tires had a flat spot on one of them. I thought the same thing about being out of balance. Ended up with a new set of tires to fix it.

clone2020
01-28-2005, 02:18 AM
The only time I had horrible shakes above 50mph was when I had a bubble on my driver-side tire. I replaced all 4 tires and no more shaking.

My car still shakes in the cold mornings before my temp needle rises to normal.

Does anyone know how long it's supposed to take to get the engine to normal operating temperature considering different outside ambient temps???

-MIKE.

extremsprt86
01-28-2005, 03:02 PM
im positive i dont have any flat spots. how does one get a bubble in the tire, maybe that could be it. and im pretty sure i torqued everything down evenly and correctly but ill check again. btw i have nitto neo-gens 225-40-18 are they known to do anything wierd like bubble or sumthin?

pinoyesv6
01-28-2005, 03:53 PM
you're still in NC right? so i guess putting the factory wheels to see if the problem goes away wouldn't help.

try unrotating your tires. and see if the problem goes away.

all you need is a sharp blow to the tire, like from lets say a nice pothole for your tires to bubble. or if you exceed the load capacity of your tires, then they'll start to bubble on its own.

oneblach
07-04-2005, 11:26 AM
I have the same vibration when I rach 60 or 70 but it doesn't happen constantly! Sometimes it vibrates violently sometimes it never does. What could that be?

Drastic
07-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Weird.... I have the same problem :?

Insane99
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Well, I had the same problem. Mine shook all the time really but between 70 and 85 it was horrible. 75 to 80 made my arm go numb after a little while but at 90+ it went back to the normal shake. Two weeks ago i put new suspension, rims, hub rings, tuner lugs, tires, allignment, and a hand torque and every damn bit of it went away. Absolutely nothing between 75 - 80 or any other speed range. Braking still shakes but thats due to needing new rotors. So if you want to fix it replace everything. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Hope this helped somehow.

devgrp
07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I guess its a Galant problem, cause I have the same problem. Only some times though when I hit 60, then it goes away once I past 60

ChuloMxcn
07-04-2005, 01:42 PM
damn, im gettin that same problem too, no clue what it is. replaced rotors wheels and tires and i think it got worse