PDA

View Full Version : Very new 99 GTZ owner..

maximus99
01-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Just acquired a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 GTZ,black w/ grey leather interior,about 4 days ago.- ->Question #1->Who makes a front shock strut support bar for this car? .............#2->Also looking for a high flow performance muffler that I can install on the stock(for now) exhaust system........#3-->Also,is there a specific type & size high-flow cat for this application?? Thanks

pinoyesv6
01-29-2005, 12:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just acquired a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 GTZ,black w/ grey leather interior,about 4 days ago.- ->Question #1->Who makes a front shock strut support bar for this car? </div>

freedom design makes one. but really, any of the front strut bars for the 2000+ Eclipse will work. The eclispe has a few 3 point strut bars like the factory one and the one from D3 designs but they will only be a 2 point bar on ours since the distance to the firewalls is different between the two cars.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>2->Also looking for a high flow performance muffler that I can install on the stock(for now) exhaust system</div>

mufflers are pretty much universal. if you search through the peformance forums, you can see what kind of mufflers people are using and what type of performance and sound they are getting.

there are also axle back and cat back systems on our cars if you want to save some money with installation costs and time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>3-->Also,is there a specific type & size high-flow cat for this application?? Thanks</div>

there isn't a specific high flow cats for our cars. the main cat on our cars are welded to the downpipe so changing it wouldn't be an easy task.

there are a few companies that makes headers and downpipes that offer better exhaust flow than the factory. some of them have the option of using a high flow cat.

maximus99
01-29-2005, 12:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just acquired a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 GTZ,black w/ grey leather interior,about 4 days ago.- ->Question #1->Who makes a front shock strut support bar for this car? </div>

freedom design makes one. but really, any of the front strut bars for the 2000+ Eclipse will work. The eclispe has a few 3 point strut bars like the factory one and the one from D3 designs but they will only be a 2 point bar on ours since the distance to the firewalls is different between the two cars.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>2->Also looking for a high flow performance muffler that I can install on the stock(for now) exhaust system</div>

mufflers are pretty much universal. if you search through the peformance forums, you can see what kind of mufflers people are using and what type of performance and sound they are getting.

there are also axle back and cat back systems on our cars if you want to save some money with installation costs and time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>3-->Also,is there a specific type & size high-flow cat for this application?? Thanks</div>

there isn't a specific high flow cats for our cars. the main cat on our cars are welded to the downpipe so changing it wouldn't be an easy task.

there are a few companies that makes headers and downpipes that offer better exhaust flow than the factory. some of them have the option of using a high flow cat.</div>Thanks,I just read somewhere else about the Freedom Design bar & just ordered it.And I already have an intake on the way.The cat back,etc. exhaust may have to wait,but in the meantime I was thinking of just using a free flow stainless muffler,but maybe I should wait on that too.