PDA

View Full Version : Paint chipping

Serstylz2
01-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Looks like someone hit my car in the parking lot, theres a dent in the trunk lid now and a spot where the paint is starting to chip off. Would this problem call for extensive paint work, since its down to the metal of the trunk in the spot or should I try some touch-up paint?

I'll take a pic if need be

Drastic
01-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Not sure but coincidentally I have a lil scrape on the corner of my rear bumper. I'm guessin someone backed into me and kept drivin :evil: Post pics It might not be reason enough for an expensive paint job. Did it dent your trunk or just scratch the paint off?

Darkkend
01-29-2005, 01:42 PM
if its down to the metal you want to put something over it while its snowing, dont want rust. I guess find out how much it would be to have that part painted, might be cheaper if you do the prep work yourself.

Serstylz2
01-29-2005, 03:01 PM
alright i'll grab a pic and post. I was thinkin bout puttin tape over it but when i would go to take it off, more paint would come up w/ it. What do you suggest i should cover the exposed metal with?

Proto
01-29-2005, 03:13 PM
If you just use something like electrical tape or painters tape it wont chip anymore.. long as the paint has a good bond to the metal.

Serstylz2
01-29-2005, 04:53 PM
yeaa the paint doesnt seem to have a good bond at all..