PDA

View Full Version : Dropzone Coilovers

dragonx18666
02-01-2005, 10:02 PM
just wondering if any1 has heard anything about the dropzone coilovers :?: .. just wondering if i should invest the money in them...they're pretty cheap in price, but i dont wanna sacrifice anything in the long run...

Thanks alot...

MidNightRacing
02-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I know my friends heard of em. they heard how i went through like 4 shocks wit them bent a rim and tore up a tire with them. Ill let you be the judge of weather to get them or not after that.....

dragonx18666
02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
damn so im guessing the really suck

pinoyesv6
02-01-2005, 11:03 PM
there are a buncha people on club 3g selling ground controls and spunk2 coilovers for cheap

dragonx18666
02-01-2005, 11:19 PM
how are the skunk 2s?

Skuzzi
02-20-2005, 09:46 PM
for the love of God stay away from dropzone! i had some and for a while i didnt even want to drive my car, too bouncy.

DOHCstunr
02-20-2005, 11:19 PM
the dropzone coilovers blow. seriously, the absolutely blow ass. I tried them, a long time ago. They send you two sets of rear springs. Making it impossible to keep the front at the stock ride hight. i think with them completely extended to the highest hight, it was about 2 inches lower than stock, and they will butcher your shocks. I literally couldn't get a jack under my car with them on. I guess they'd be fine in miami where there aren't many potholes, and everything is flat and the ground is pristine. You'd be better off cutting your stock springs and buying some ood shocks. Get a set of eibach and some kyb agx's and your car will ride and handle like a champ.
the key is that any coilover system uses set rate springs. they are stiff at all times, under load or not.
eibach, intrax, and your stock use progressive springs, these get stiffer as the suspension travels. so they are soft on smooth straight aways, and as you go through turns the spring rate increases giving you the response and handling you desire.
suspension is key, do your research, and buy quality. but you don't have to spend a fortune.