PDA

View Full Version : Hoods

Lazarus
02-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Who has a good deal on hoods? I know erebuni has that other one not the evo but does anyone else carry that hood? or any others for that matter?

cardude03
02-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Monster Hood, i think thats what its called >>>

http://socallifestyle.com/LA_meet_9-24-04/m31.jpg

Lazarus
02-04-2005, 01:08 PM
yeah that's the one "monster" is a generic term like the "cyber" but yeah thats the one i prefer fiberglass to carbon though.

8ggalant
02-04-2005, 03:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah that's the one "monster" is a generic term like the "cyber" but yeah thats the one i prefer fiberglass to carbon though.</div>

u better get me one too...u know how weeee do lol

Danger DANJ
02-04-2005, 08:24 PM
<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>BAM!</span> ('http://www.extremedimensions.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?SID=4Mitsubishi&id=172&cat=Galant+99%2D03&ProdType=Hoods')

BIGMONEYDAY
02-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I've been wanting that hood too for awhile, but want it in carbon fiber. I knew that Erebuni carries both the fiberglass and the CF, but they usually are on backorder for the CF. I've contacted Extreme Dimesions about making that on in CF but they have never responded. You can also get those hoods from NOPI's website. They list them as "NOPI" products, but they just get them from Erebuni. Another member here has just ordered the CF version from NOPI last week, and I'm going to wait for his review befor placing my order. There was another company called Autobahn Motorsports that "claimed" to have these hoods in both materials, but after talking with them, I wouldn't trust them to actually get one. If anybody know of any other places to get these hoods from, please post. I really wanted this hood in CF, but looks like I mght just go the fiberglass route.

Fishboy55
02-06-2005, 12:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've been wanting that hood too for awhile, but want it in carbon fiber. Â*I knew that Erebuni carries both the fiberglass and the CF, but they usually are on backorder for the CF. Â*I've contacted Extreme Dimesions about making that on in CF but they have never responded. Â*You can also get those hoods from NOPI's website. Â*They list them as "NOPI" products, but they just get them from Erebuni. Â*Another member here has just ordered the CF version from NOPI last week, and I'm going to wait for his review befor placing my order. Â*There was another company called Autobahn Motorsports that "claimed" to have these hoods in both materials, but after talking with them, I wouldn't trust them to actually get one. Â*If anybody know of any other places to get these hoods from, please post. Â*I really wanted this hood in CF, but looks like I mght just go the fiberglass route.</div> Based on Erebuni's fitment issues on our cars, have you gotten any reviews on that yet, especially with the fiberglass. Erebuni had serious issues with the latches last time I heard. Aslo, what kind of pricing are we talking?

And Laz, ....what Kevin said....Weeeee do the same way farther north bro..... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

krispy03
02-06-2005, 12:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>Monster Hood, i think thats what its called >>>

http://socallifestyle.com/LA_meet_9-24-04/m31.jpg</div> i like this picture not because of whats in the foreground, but whats in the backround. (im in the red shirt)

Lazarus
02-06-2005, 05:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Based on Erebuni's fitment issues on our cars, have you gotten any reviews on that yet, especially with the fiberglass. Erebuni had serious issues with the latches last time I heard. Aslo, what kind of pricing are we talking?</div>

I have heard issues with issues as far as not being to lock it down all they way but I haven't heard anything about the latch problem. All i knew was that you'd have to shave the skeleton to close it all teh way.

pinoyesv6
02-06-2005, 06:47 PM
here are a few things i found using a search. i know you probably read them all but not at the same time. to me i wouldn't know why sum1 would actually get it. major modifications? 8 hours of work? its your call man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(matrix8228)</div><div class='quotemain'>this hood is from erebuni, for those that asked. They can go suck a salty dick too. They didnt even give me any instructions or any forewarning that the hood was going to need 8 hours of slave labor to get installed. Also they didnt give me the black thing that covers the vents. But hey i think it was worth it. But pedro on the other Â*
hand doesnt...Thanks again.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evofreak7)</div><div class='quotemain'>i figured when i heard "fitment problems" Erebuni was the first thing that came to mind. Â*I got my hood from them and good god did it need work. Â*It was to wide, the hood latch needed remounting and then it broke off, the windshield washer holes were not in the correct place, and the side of the hood closest to the windshield needed to be cut to have it close correctly. Â*but it looks like it to me that it was well worth it. Â* https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Djayfusion99_es_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'>fitment is good the guy who did it did an excellent job as for that thing in the middle its the stupid erebuni badge that i don't know how to get off!! Â*I know that they had a hard time to get it to fit right they had to shave the inner frame then they went ahead and reinforced it again, then the hood latch didn't work so they made a new one and other than that i like it and i knew it was gonna be a pain in the ass to put in</div>

Lazarus
02-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Gee Allan thanks for raining on my parade.....guess I'll have to wait for another hood to come out or get the evo hood.

EGALANT01
02-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Andys Autosport now carries the Monster hood, its not posted on their site yet but they had call me to see if I wanted to change the order from the Evo to the Monster hood. Ill be receiving this hood in about a week or so if I have any issues Ill let ya know.

EGALANT01
03-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Ok so i finally got my hood in this week and tried fitting it today. No problems fitting it at all with linging it up with fenders and just the problem is i cant get it to close all the way. THe strut towers rub against the hood, doe anyone know who has this hood if they had the same problem and if so what was done about it?

shortdogg2k05
03-25-2005, 04:27 PM
How much is the monster hood?

SinSere
03-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Yes, its well known that it will not close all the way because of the STB. You're supposed to be able to do some grinding and sanding and be ok after that. I myself have found several sites with the hood, fiberglass and carbon fiber. The one I did call said it is a week out and then another week to ship so 2 weeks out all together. All JDM hoods have the same issue with fitment and not being able to close all the way which is why I'm probably going with the fiberglass since I am going to paint it anyways. If i got a carbon fiber one I wouldn't paint it and you would have some recognizable marks where you do your modifications. Andy's is probably close to the best price I've found. I thought I would be one of the few with this hood, but I knew someone would get it sooner or later.

EGALANT01
03-25-2005, 04:50 PM
andys is where i ordered the hood thru, they just placed the order thur extreme demensions. The hood is in great condition I got it at great price. THey are great with there service too unfortuantly I did wait like 4 weeks to recieve the hood cause it was on back order. It does look like I could cut a notch underneath to make it fit, just scared to do it. The other thing was they never cut the holes for the washer fluid, there are little marks for it but no holes. I think I may just leave em. Thats about the only two down falls about the hood. Hopefully i can get it to fit next week.

Lazarus
03-25-2005, 05:10 PM
how much they run for shipping

EGALANT01
03-25-2005, 05:28 PM
if you can find a hood cheaper somewhere and prove it to them they will try and get close to that price for you. I believe i paid like 520 shipped for it. I don't remember exact. Andy has the monster hood its just not on there webiste.

Lazarus
03-25-2005, 05:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*I believe i paid like 520 shipped for it..</div>

did you get carbon fiber? I know I saw their Fiberglass one and it was like $311 I was gonna ay you paid $200 just for shipping? I dont want CF I'm going glass this time.

SinSere
03-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Ahhhh. So I made a contact with a company and told them I was from TGC and was looking for some pricing info. I asked about the Monster fibeglass hood like we're talking about and also the EVO cf even though this isn't the one I want. So he goes on and tells me he can do $250 plus the $130 shipping to my work address. Pretty decent deal I thought. He said they are willing to work with us on prices if we get people together. Of course shipping to individual addresses is going to be about the same no matter what, but shipping to one address he can help. Not too shabby I thought. So it'll be about a week and I should get it. I'm sure it'll be without washer nozzle holes also and the inner-skeleton will have to be trimmed, but I think the end result will be worth it. I'll let you guys know when I get it.

I also asked them about a sponsorship deal, but they weren't interested at the time is what they said. I'm just looking to get someone that will pay for all my entry dues...pretty fair deal I think considering there are no stickers on my car and they would be the sole advertisement. he told me to call back in the summer so I may do it, may not, we'll see.

DryBear
03-25-2005, 06:11 PM
I might be interested in a monster fg hood as well, especially at that price. For those of you that have it, are the vents in the monster hood functional?

EGALANT01
03-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I have the carbon fiber one...the vents are functional tho. So im assuming the fiberglass ones are too.

pinoyesv6
03-25-2005, 06:22 PM
here's a picture of rican219's hood. you can see the underside of it kinda. look like it oculd be funcitonal.

http://www.geocities.com/rican219/Front.jpg

aznlverboy
05-10-2005, 02:25 PM
i got the erebuni hood, don't get the fg hood from erebuni, unless u plan on spending more money to get it fit. it latches on the car pretty good, but when you close it, it doesn't come flush with the car, so you need to modify it and cut pieces from the hood where it hits your struts.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/425678 ('http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/425678')

ChromeGalant
05-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I actually had the one Rican had. Here are some pics.. with it open you can see where it had to be cut so it wouldnt hit the struts. As far as fitment it had gaps on both sides and the front latch was iffy and the rubber stop was removed on one side and adjusted on the other. I liked it.. and it took a good lick.

http://216.55.128.40/sonnic2/ExtImages/99_galantcyber2front.jpg

http://www.gatgc.net/memberpages/chromeg/FGhood/images/12_jpg.jpg

http://www.gatgc.net/memberpages/chromeg/shogun/images/DSCF0105_JPG.jpg