PDA

View Full Version : Trans Problems.....

GalantGuy96
02-07-2005, 06:18 PM
i got an engine flush and oil change done to my car last week, and when the guy went to drain my oil, he accidentaly drained some of my transmission fluid...so we refilled it, and then drained the oil. and when i went to go home i noticed that it doesnt go into gear properly.
it kind of hesitates while the revs build, then pops into gear and sometimes burns out because of it. it feels like its in neutral.
keep im mind i got a used tranny put in about 4k miles ago...(still auto)
it has also stalled on my once or twice.
it also feels like its shifting slower than before too.
anyone know what could be wrong?

MidNightRacing
02-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Yea! You need a 5speed trans 8)

VegasMatt
02-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Did he put in some kind of cheap fluid? Have you checked your levels to see if they are low?

GalantGuy96
02-07-2005, 06:41 PM
he put atf, just the normal stuff...nothing bad.
and ya, i checked the fluid, all good.

kamilw
02-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Isn't our fluid different than a usual ATF?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>he put atf, just the normal stuff...nothing bad.
and ya, i checked the fluid, all good.</div>

GalantGuy96
02-07-2005, 07:04 PM
oh boy, i hope so....

2fat4ya
02-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes! Mitsubishi has their own kind of ATF and they cost about $2-$3 per quart. When I did a drain and fill on my trans on my 01 Mirage, I asked the parts guy about the difference on thier fluid compare to others and they told me that they have there own additives that makes the trans switch gears smoother.

GalantGuy96
02-07-2005, 07:27 PM
oh shart.....
multi vehicle?
can it damage my car?

4-G-rim
02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I would make sure to check on these.

1. Did he use the right ATF fluid? I believe the 7g A/T take Dextron II or III

2. If he did use the correct ATF fluid...I hope it was the 7-Eleven brand :?

3. Were "symptoms" you are getting now there before the fluid change?

SamirDarji
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Get that fluid changed asap or you will have tranny damage. The 7g AT does not use dextron, but you can use a friction modifier to modify dextron to work correctly. My recommendation--Amsoil ATF--it fixed all my tranny problems including slipping.

pesuazo
02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
My 1998 owner's manual states to use Either Diamond ATF, Dextron II or Equivalent.
The equivalent would be Dextron III.

Why would the manufacturer recommend something that will damage the vehicle????? :shock:

SamirDarji
02-16-2005, 12:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pesuazo)</div><div class='quotemain'>My 1998 owner's manual states to use Either Diamond ATF, Dextron II or Equivalent.
The equivalent would be Dextron III.

Why would the manufacturer recommend something that will damage the vehicle????? :shock:</div>That's strange. My 96 (and most other Mitsu trannys) require their Diamond SP. If it calls for Dextron, it's all good. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif I'd still recommend the Amsoil ATF as it works for both requirements and is pretty tough.