PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax Catback Again

DryBear
02-08-2005, 02:31 AM
First, just wanted to see how this system has been holding up for those that have purchased/installed it?

Anyway, looks like there is another possible group buy starting up for it again at the 2GStratus forums, and so far they need 8 more folks for them to make more:
http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?...showtopic=21421 ('http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21421')

ChikagoGTZ
02-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Mine is still working great!

Dave

BlankMan
02-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Holding up perfect - hasn't even lost the SS luster yet. And stratusfied02 is a good guy to work with on the GB. IF you want the only bolt-on cat-back avaialble (no modding unless you are **edit** fed model **end edit**), then I highly recommend it.

J

Danger DANJ
02-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Mine is great so far as well. But, it's the Fed specs that need to do mods to get it on, not the Cali specs.

ChikagoGTZ
02-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Yes, fed specs will require some cutting, welding, drilling, etc. I suggest you get some headers with this, then you wont need to worry about any of that.

AntimonyER
02-08-2005, 08:00 AM
If stratusfied doesn't answer the thread, I will head over to his store (live a block away) and see if they still have any in stock for you, I thought I remembered him having one or two left tho.

cardude03
02-08-2005, 12:01 PM
did anyone ever post any sound clips?? and how well would it work with an I4? any loss in back-pressure? whats the piping? 2.5"? i might be interested. oh and wasnt there a problem with a hanger?

TexasMade
02-08-2005, 12:05 PM
so what benefits do you get from this? any performance gains or just a better sound?

Los
02-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Not sure if this is accurate but I found this on the stratus site, as far as I can tell it has not been confirmed. Results might vary on the galant.:

You will get a full catback system for the 01-05 Stratus/Sebring coupe 2.4/3.0 (fits both) This is a direct bolt on system.
It is made of an aluminized steel mandrel bent piping,the muffler is a high polished stainless steel and the tip is also a stainless steel with a brushed look. (very similiar to the current tip) The piping is 2 1/2" to the muffler but restricts to 2 1/4 at the tailpipe. (this was done to achieve maximum HP. The dyno tests showed an average 9WHP just bolting this up.

BlankMan
02-08-2005, 09:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mine is great so far as well. But, it's the Fed specs that need to do mods to get it on, not the Cali specs.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, fed specs will require some cutting, welding, drilling, etc. Â*I suggest you get some headers with this, then you wont need to worry about any of that.</div>

You guys are correct, of course - my hands were faster than the brain... I edited my first post to alleviate any confusion for others.

J

Fall Out Boy
02-09-2005, 12:34 AM
so dynomax put these into production?

Danger DANJ
02-09-2005, 10:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Los)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not sure if this is accurate but I found this on the stratus site, as far as I can tell it has not been confirmed. Results might vary on the galant.:

You will get a full catback system for the 01-05 Stratus/Sebring coupe 2.4/3.0 (fits both) This is a direct bolt on system.
It is made of an aluminized steel mandrel bent piping,the muffler is a high polished stainless steel and the tip is also a stainless steel with a brushed look. (very similiar to the current tip) The piping is 2 1/2" to the muffler but restricts to 2 1/4 at the tailpipe. (this was done to achieve maximum HP. The dyno tests showed an average 9WHP just bolting this up.</div>

Yeah, the piping size is something I mentioned in another thread. I thought I was getting ripped off when I got mine becasue the piping went smaller. I could have swore the piping on the backside of the muffler was smaller too, but maybe I measured it wrong. I kind of doubt you will see 9 whp from this cat-back though. I'd say 5-6 whp. You might get a 9 whp gain in combination with other mods, but not on a stock Galant.

DryBear
02-09-2005, 12:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fall Out Boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>so dynomax put these into production?</div>

This is from the post at 2GStratus:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stratusfied02)</div><div class='quotemain'>This was the very same catback. I probably could get another GB going on this if I had enough interested parties. Advance won't even talk to me about it unless I can guarantee at least 10 units sold. So if anybody is still interested and wants to use the GB route list your name up here. If there is enough interest then I will take the time to talk to the buyers and see what kind of deal I can get. I did talk to Dynomax last week and Dave told me that another production run did go through for the spring season so they should have plenty available.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richs2gstratus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not to bust your balls or anything, but you can get these locally at your Advanced auto. I called today and I can get one for $337 and it will be here next day. I am still working on something else, but I thought I would let memebers know.</div>

If only they made a 3" cat-back... :twisted:

Los
02-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I founf this on the dynomax website, but I don't if this would fit. anyone have any ideas:

<span style='color:red'>Cat-Back Single Performance Exhaust System #19390 - Available Now!!!

2001-2004 Dodge Stratus R/T, SE, Chrysler Sebring LX, LXi

DynoMax is proud to introduce a Cat-Back Single Performance Exhaust System #19390 for the 2001-2004 Dodge Stratus R/T, SE, Chrysler Sebring LX, LXi. This system fits the 2 Door Coupe w/2.4L & 3.0L V6.

Features an Ultra Flo SS Muffler Assembly
All Aluminized Mandrel Bent Pipes
3" O.D. 304 Stainless Steel Tip
All necessary Clamps, Brackets, and Hardware included in Kit
All components are available. Place your order today.</span>

Danger DANJ
02-09-2005, 07:49 PM
[quote=Los]I founf this on the dynomax website, but I don't if this would fit. anyone have any ideas:

<span style='color:red'>Cat-Back Single Performance Exhaust System #19390 - Available Now!!!

2001-2004 Dodge Stratus R/T, SE, Chrysler Sebring LX, LXi

DynoMax is proud to introduce a Cat-Back Single Performance Exhaust System #19390 for the 2001-2004 Dodge Stratus R/T, SE, Chrysler Sebring LX, LXi. This system fits the 2 Door Coupe w/2.4L & 3.0L V6.

Features an Ultra Flo SS Muffler Assembly
All Aluminized Mandrel Bent Pipes
3" O.D. 304 Stainless Steel Tip
All necessary Clamps, Brackets, and Hardware included in Kit
All components are available. Place your order today.</span>
If it fits the 2001-2004 Dodge Stratus R/T, SE, Chrysler Sebring LX, LXi, it should fit the Galant as well.

Zero_4073
02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
did anyone ever post any sound clips?? and how well would it work with an I4? any loss in back-pressure? whats the piping? 2.5"? i might be interested. oh and wasnt there a problem with a hanger?

If you heard mine at the meet in Sept. that's what I have. I love it. Sound is deep and not irritatingly loud. I do have a header, though and that makes a big difference in how it sounds. I had to put the stock mani back on to get a smog check, and I noticed it quieted down a lot. So the next day I put the header back on https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif It's pretty simple to install. If you get it and want help putting it on, just let me know.

cardude03
02-11-2005, 12:13 AM
cool, thanks man, i knew someone at the last meet had it, but i couldnt remember if it was you or krispy. so is the only way to get it if there is another GB? or can i just buy it from their site? well i guess i could just check myself right now.... yeh, so umm, i see it on the site as one of the new products, part number 19390, but i dont see any prices. u think it will be cheaper through GB?

Zero_4073
02-11-2005, 01:01 PM
cool, thanks man, i knew someone at the last meet had it, but i couldnt remember if it was you or krispy. so is the only way to get it if there is another GB? or can i just buy it from their site? well i guess i could just check myself right now.... yeh, so umm, i see it on the site as one of the new products, part number 19390, but i dont see any prices. u think it will be cheaper through GB?

Definitely. The first group buy price was like 350 or something like that. I doubt you'll get it that cheap retail.

cardude03
02-11-2005, 10:45 PM
yeh, well, i dont think i will get it at all at retail. i went over to one of the mufflershops that was recommended off dynomax's website, i guess they are a dealer. and i gave him the part number. the guy calls back after half an hour, says that there is no such thing, he called around, no one has it. i told him it was for stratus, and galant. first he said if its made for stratus it wont fit galants, and then he kept talking like he doubted that dynomax would making something for the galants because they arent "popular enough".

So is there any way we could start up a TGC group buy/list and get this done, or am i gonna have to go register over at the stratus forum and start talkin to them?

BlankMan
02-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I knew the misconception would come about - I believe the part number was created for Advance Auto to stock and order specifically for the previous GB's Stratusfied02 did. They only make it as demand is created. I don't think you will be able to get or order it otherwise.

And... instead of doubling efforts... I say just join the stratus GB. Email stratusfied02 ([email protected]) if you want him to add you on the list without joining the stratus forum.

J

cardude03
02-12-2005, 06:31 PM
thanks blankman, i e-mailed him.

i checked out the advanced auto site, and they are mostly east coast, but they have like once store in the west coast. its in Calexico, which is like 200 miles away (according to mapquest). so im debating if i bought it from them, if i should pick it up, or get it shipped? and i also was reading the discussion on the stratus board, and i think the guy said he doesnt have alot of time to work with it right now, so im not sure if the GB will go through.........DARN IT. i just called the number i saw online for that store, and the guy said that they dont actually sell the same merchanidise as Advance Auto. so now i guess the only way to get one would be through advance auto from eastcoast. and i think someone said they could order it from advance auto for 337, but then with shipping it would turn out more than the GB would be.

so again, since i dont think the GB over at the stratus forum will work out, can we atleast see how many people over here are interested?

cardude03
02-18-2005, 07:11 PM
update:

while getting some work done on my brakes, i saw some little tuner shop, i went in and talked to the guy about the dynomax. he called some supplier, maybe even dynomax themselves, not sure. and he said that they will special order it and it would come direct from dynomax to him, and it would cost 411 plus shipping from dynomax to him. he said he thinks shipping would prolly be around 25 bucks. so what do you guys think?

BlankMan
02-18-2005, 07:29 PM
I guess if you want to get it that way. But why do you want to spend more when the GB is $370 shipped?

J

cardude03
02-18-2005, 07:31 PM
cuz i was reading over at the stratus form, and stratusfield was saying how he cant do one right now cuz he is busy or something like that...

BlankMan
02-18-2005, 08:37 PM
ah - that I didn't know. But, FYI, I think the cat-backs are made as ordered. They don't stock them or keep them on hand - so don'e be surprised if your tuner shop guys comes back and says he can't get it.

Oh- btw - check the for sale forum. Someone in there was selling theirs form the 1st GB a while back...

J

cardude03
02-19-2005, 04:17 PM
hey blankman, i tried looking, and i couldnt find anything, i went back to 2003 with no results. so anyone else have any thoughts...?

BlankMan
02-20-2005, 06:38 AM
My bad - it was over at the GF for sales listing. Here's a direct link: http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtop...opic.php?t=5529 ('http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5529')

As of feb 7, GalantRydah01 posted it was still available. Shoot him an email.

J

maximus99
02-27-2005, 10:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I guess if you want to get it that way. Â*But why do you want to spend more when the GB is $370 shipped?

J</div>Is this GB still going on?

cardude03
02-27-2005, 10:50 PM
no :cry:

but u can try ordering it from Advance Auto Parts, somewhere in florida.

maximus99
02-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah,I know we dont have them in Washington State,at least around here... Thanx

DryBear
02-27-2005, 11:02 PM
If you guys are still interested in getting one, try this:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stratusfied02 from www.2gstratus.org)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can get one for $370 shipped. Just call 386-322-0222 and ask for Doug. Tell him Jon from 2G told you to call and he will get you hooked up. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
</div>

maximus99
02-27-2005, 11:06 PM
I havent checked myself,but $370 is a good price? Thanx. I have some experience with Dynomax-I have their ceramic headers on my vette,nice stuff & reasonably priced.