PDA

View Full Version : M3 Mirror wiring help

Serstylz2
02-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Well I got my mirrors today (Thanks Noel) and no instructions were included in wiring them up or installing them. I also need to know the best way to remove my driver's side one without damaging it at all. So if anyone has info for me post up, i appreciate it

pinoyesv6
02-08-2005, 10:40 PM
there's only 1 way to remove the door mirror. and thats to take off the door panel

remove the 5 screws holding in the door panel. one in the door pull, one in the door cup. one on the hindge side and the two on the latch side.

remove the tweeter panel or that triangular trim piece that is there

pull off hte door panel. unplug the wiring harness from the door panel

unplug the mirror

and remove the 3 bolts holding in the mirror

Serstylz2
02-08-2005, 11:06 PM
thank you very much, very appreciated. Now all i need is the wiring info and I'll have some new pics for you all https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

maximus
02-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Here's what I found for the wiring on the mirror's up=orange/blue wire,down=blue/yellow wire,left=light green/black wire,right=orange/black wire.this info. was from the 8g manual hope this helps.I can't wait to see those new mirror's.OHHHH we have a huge snow storm coming thursday.

Serstylz2
02-09-2005, 08:50 AM
shit. guess i'll wait to install em then.

maximus
02-09-2005, 08:55 AM
This should be a good snow storm 12-18 inches thursday to friday so if you are going to wire those mirrors in you should do it today or wait until saterday or sunday.Just thought I would give you a heads up.It's no fun to do installs in snow storms.