PDA

View Full Version : nee help.. lowering

neel9
02-10-2005, 01:49 PM
hey.. i have progress spring one my 2000 galant and its is low .. for a galant.. but i wanna lower it more.. so.. do u know any other springs which will lower it more.. i know coilovers can but i heard they are very bouncy.. so.. please.. help

LasVegas01
02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
hey.. i have progress spring one my 2000 galant and its is low .. for a galant.. but i wanna lower it more.. so.. do u know any other springs which will lower it more.. i know coilovers can but i heard they are very bouncy.. so.. please.. help

Bags?

neel9
02-10-2005, 02:35 PM
dude.. but need performane to.. i was thinking of getting the tein coilvers but not sure if they make for mine.... or ground control.. where do i good deals on them? some people in teh forum has those tein ss coilovers which cost about 1000 .. how are they and whats so good about them..??

pinoyesv6
02-10-2005, 02:57 PM
cheap coilovers can be very bouncy. my ground controls coupled with koni shocks and struts aren't bouncy at all. i mean unless i want them to

i bought some cut eibachs from a guy on ebay. i have them with stock struts and they weren't that bouncy. i bet if i had them with some aftermarket strusts the bounce would go away. but yea im letting them go to wherever wants them.

i wouldn't suggest cutting the progress though. the eibachs originally had like a 1 inch drop and and with 1 coil missing the drop was closer to 3 inches after everything got settled in.

Serstylz2
02-10-2005, 07:39 PM
how much u sellin them for

Danger DANJ
02-11-2005, 12:33 PM
With the Tein Basic Dampers, which you can find for under $900, you can lower your car pretty far and the ride quality should be pretty good. You won't be able to adjust the stiffness of the struts/shocks, but if you don't want a bouncy ride, you don't want a real stiff ride. A real stiff ride can be bouncy too, but in a different way than with cheap coilovers. I suppose the Tein Basic Dampers are comparable to getting some Ground Control coilovers with some KYB GR-2 struts/shocks.

Slow Poke
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
just witch it when u start to drop it more and more ur going to camber my back did like a bitch.. front realy close.. cambr kits are a bitch im to lazy to put mine on

neel9
02-11-2005, 12:57 PM
With the Tein Basic Dampers, which you can find for under $900, you can lower your car pretty far and the ride quality should be pretty good. You won't be able to adjust the stiffness of the struts/shocks, but if you don't want a bouncy ride, you don't want a real stiff ride. A real stiff ride can be bouncy too, but in a different way than with cheap coilovers. I suppose the Tein Basic Dampers are comparable to getting some Ground Control coilovers with some KYB GR-2 struts/shocks.
where can i get the tein dampners.. for good deals... what do they come with like.. are there built in shocks and whats the range of lowering.. like from 0 to 4 inches or what? thankc for u info..

Slow Poke
02-11-2005, 01:02 PM
try shop around town if not hit the inernet..

neel9
02-11-2005, 01:03 PM
ok so .. what am i lookin for.. tein dampers.. for what car.. and what model .? i know they do not make for galant so..

Slow Poke
02-11-2005, 01:09 PM
i dunno talk ot danj more about that..

seth98esT
02-11-2005, 01:22 PM
ok so .. what am i lookin for.. tein dampers.. for what car.. and what model .? i know they do not make for galant so..
3g Eclipse

If you want to spend the money get the Tein Flex coilover kit or the JiC setup. Both over $1000 but comes complete with proper struts and coilovers. Your going to spend $600 easy on some ground controls and kyb agxs..

neel9
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
so 3g eclipse is a 2000+ eclipse right?

seth98esT
02-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Correctemundo

scrapy
02-11-2005, 01:28 PM
I have progress spring on my 99 I-4. I had coil-overs and switch struts when I went to the progress springs. I noticed the KYB gr-2 had the spring perch about an inch or more lower than the stock struts. I only replaced the back struts then, and that shit is really low. Alot lower than the coil-overs. The front wasn't really as low so I want to get some KYB gr-2's for the front and see if it drops the front some more. So just try that and see if it drops it like mine. I'm sure a 6 cyl would be lower.

neel9
02-11-2005, 02:08 PM
I have progress spring on my 99 I-4. I had coil-overs and switch struts when I went to the progress springs. I noticed the KYB gr-2 had the spring perch about an inch or more lower than the stock struts. I only replaced the back struts then, and that shit is really low. Alot lower than the coil-overs. The front wasn't really as low so I want to get some KYB gr-2's for the front and see if it drops the front some more. So just try that and see if it drops it like mine. I'm sure a 6 cyl would be lower.
hey dude.. yea.. i have an i-4 with progress. and damm there is a huge gap in the front this is with wheels.. when stocks wheels were on there was little. so... from far looks low but when u see it close man damm.. but so what u going to do.. cause some one told me that if u change struts, it will raise the car.. is that true.. so what chnage the front one or back ones.. do u think its better to change shocks... or sturts???

shortdogg2k05
02-11-2005, 02:50 PM
what size wheels and tires do you have? Everyone I know with progress springs their ride is pretty damn low.

here is another member's ride (Cyberob) and he has progress springs.
he is ridin i believe on 18"s
http://www.cyberob.com/images/misc/car/CIMG1834new.JPG

Slow Poke
02-11-2005, 02:57 PM
if ur lowerd u shouldnT have that big of a gap.. im like 2 in the front and im on 15 " wheels. pic in sig..

jusmills
02-11-2005, 04:07 PM
if you have 17" rims and 205/40/17 tires (which are the ones that usually come packaged w/ the rims) The diameter of the tire is smaller than stock tire(hence the reason the speedo is off) and it actually exaggerates the gap... If you get 225/45/17s they are about the same diameter as stock...speedo may be off a little, but the gap will look smaller.

neel9
02-12-2005, 01:59 AM
hey i have progress with 17" rims with 205/40/17 tiress.. so..it is low.. but want it more.. so.. cause i wanna fill up the gap so. back tires there is not gap but front there is..
people knowing about tein coilovers.. what is the difference between TEIN SS-P DAMPER and TEIN TYPE BASIC DAMPER? how many different types are there and what is the difference between these..

Danger DANJ
02-12-2005, 07:03 PM
hey i have progress with 17" rims with 205/40/17 tiress.. so..it is low.. but want it more.. so.. cause i wanna fill up the gap so. back tires there is not gap but front there is..
people knowing about tein coilovers.. what is the difference between TEIN SS-P DAMPER and TEIN TYPE BASIC DAMPER? how many different types are there and what is the difference between these..
The Tein Basic Dampers have adjustable ride height, but no adjustable dampening on the struts/shocks. You need to use your stock upper mounts to install.

The Tein SS or Super Street Dampers have adjustable ride height and adjustable dampening on the struts/shocks. You need to use your stock upper mounts to install.

The Tein SS-P or Super Street Dampers with pillow ball upper mounts have adjustable ride height and adjustable dampening on the struts/shocks. You use the pillow ball upper mounts instead of the stock ones. The front pillow ball upper mounts have built in camber adjustment.

3g Eclipse

If you want to spend the money get the Tein Flex coilover kit or the JiC setup. Both over $1000 but comes complete with proper struts and coilovers. Your going to spend $600 easy on some ground controls and kyb agxs..
The Tein Flex coilovers are not available for the 3G Eclipse. Tein only makes the ones I listed above for the 3G Eclipse.

neel9
02-12-2005, 08:19 PM
so what they do not make for 3g eclipse?

Danger DANJ
02-13-2005, 04:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>so what they do not make for 3g eclipse?</div>
I'm not sure what you are asking.

neel9
02-13-2005, 08:00 PM
i contacted importpartsplus. and they sent me the info on the coilovers and mentioned that all of them lowere only like 2.1 in the front and the back is like 2.0.. i have progress which do that.. so ... is this info right?

EGALANT01
02-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Im looking to get my car lower too, right now I have the progress springs, and KYB AGX struts. When I was riding on stock struts and progress springs i liked the drop but ever since i put the new struts on the ride went back up, id go back to stock struts but the ride was soo bouncy.

neel9
02-13-2005, 10:22 PM
i know thats why i am not thinking about getting new struts as well as shocks cause i think they will raise my car.. so.. and already its kind of high.. not that much but still gap between the fender and the tires is still there in the front ..

Slow Poke
02-13-2005, 11:24 PM
dude.. go get coil overs and lower ur call as low as they will let u it will be low if u cant get it as low as u want with coil overs ur fooked.. coil overs u can go dwon as far as 4 inchs..

scrapy
02-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I got 215/45-17, still an ugly gap up front. mostly b/c the rear is so low. its a perceptually thing.

Danger DANJ
02-14-2005, 02:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>i contacted importpartsplus. and they sent me the info on the coilovers and mentioned that all of them lowere only like 2.1 in the front and the back is like 2.0.. i have progress which do that.. so ... is this info right?</div>
I don't know where they are getting those numbers from. Check this out:

Here is a pic of my Galant lowered with the Tein SS-P Dampers
http://www.dangerdanj.com/gride07.jpg

And here are pics of where the spring perches are set.
http://www.dangerdanj.com/tein_front.jpg
http://www.dangerdanj.com/tein_rear.jpg

As you can see, there is still plenty of thread left to lower the car. I had the perches lower than that at first becasue I put them where the instructions say to start them out at, and the tires were slightly tucking in both the front and rear. I'd say right now I have them set just a tad higher than where my car sat with the Progress springs. It may not look like it, but that is because my fender flares hide a tiny bit of the gap.

Here is Reelax's ride with the same Tein SS-P Dampers that I have and some 19" rims.
http://www.raniworld.com/raaa/canons110%20087.jpg

neel9
02-14-2005, 03:40 PM
the info i gave u was from the guy at importpart plus... the price for the teinss dampner is like 1245.. shipped...

scrapy
02-14-2005, 03:47 PM
what kinda backspacing is needed for 19's? i thought they wouldn't fit. & what size tire? (sorry, wrong thread)

neel9
02-14-2005, 03:52 PM
ok i found some tein coilovers for like 700 too.. so what is the difference between the 700 and the 1245 ones.. ?

Danger DANJ
02-14-2005, 05:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>the info i gave u was from the guy at importpart plus... the price for the teinss dampner is like 1245.. shipped...</div>
Well, I got my Tein SS-P Dampers for $1215 shipped from the same place, but that was about a year ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i found some tein coilovers for like 700 too.. so what is the difference between the 700 and the 1245 ones.. ?</div>
I pretty much answered your question on the previous page. Here is my quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Tein Basic Dampers have adjustable ride height, but no adjustable dampening on the struts/shocks. You need to use your stock upper mounts to install.

The Tein SS or Super Street Dampers have adjustable ride height and adjustable dampening on the struts/shocks. You need to use your stock upper mounts to install.

The Tein SS-P or Super Street Dampers with pillow ball upper mounts have adjustable ride height and adjustable dampening on the struts/shocks. You use the pillow ball upper mounts instead of the stock ones. The front pillow ball upper mounts have built in camber adjustment.</div>

For $700, that has to be the Tein Basic Dampers. For $1245 shipped, that has to be the Tein SS-P Dampers. The regular Tein SS Dampers will probably run around $1000 shipped or so.