PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump?

fstrthnu
10-07-2002, 12:26 AM
What would be a better way to go? An intank or inline fuel filter? And would the fuel pump from a 2g turbo eclipse work? Thanks for your help.

fstrthnu
10-07-2002, 12:28 AM
Inline or intank fuel PUMP. Not filter. ha. Sorry about that.

Kain
10-07-2002, 07:32 AM
I like keeping stuff in thier stock places whenever possible, so intank is my preferrance. And, you already have a 2g Eclipse turbo fuel pump. If you want it to work at full efficiency, just give it more power (re-wire it) The instructions are in the vfaq.

Jesse
10-07-2002, 02:01 PM
we have the same fuel pump. Just get some bigger wire to it with a relay and you're pump will thank you. If you're going turbo, then upgrade to 450cc. If you're going to use a 2g ECU then you don't need an AFC, but if you keep the SOHC head and keep the ECU, then you'll need an AFC, perferably Apexi S-afc.

Dark Anghell
10-07-2002, 09:48 PM
Ok I'm pretty sure i got the answer here :shock: . The inline/external pumps are usually pretty noisy, yet cheap. Most of the cars out there use the same design fuel pump. Some of them will require some little mods. I believe that some DSM guys have installed either 3KGT or Supra in-tank fuel pumps, but they had to bend a couple of things on the bottom of the pump. But otherwise they worked just fine.

Also the fuel pump that's being sold on NOPI is crap (so I've heard).

Your best bet would be either going with thicker wire, or get the eclipse fuel pump. Check to make sure that the part numbers are different on our pumps and the ones from eclipse. If they are the same...then just rewire your fuel pump.

Jesse
10-08-2002, 01:04 PM
They are the same, I used caps, and compared us to a 2g GST.
I'm sure the GSX is the same as well.

fstrthnu
10-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'm putting together a turbo kit for the ole 4g64. I got the 450cc injectors off an 2g gst w/ the resistor pack so it will work w/ our ecu's. I decided to go w/ an accel DFI inline fuel pump ( it flows about 250lph, support about 500hp). I talked to the guy about installation and he said that it's pretty straight foward. And I'm tuning the whole system w/ a apexi s-afc. I've got almost all the parts I need to complete the install now. Ported exhaust manifold, ported 02 housing, ported 16g turbo w/ 7cm housing, stock 2g intercooler and piping, 1g blowoff valve, ect. Hopefully I didn't overlook anything. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. I'm starting the transformation to turbo sometime in dec since that is when I return to the states. I'm just trying to get everything bought now so all I have to do is bolt it up when I get home.

hyer717
11-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Don't get the in line pump. It's gonna be noisy and annoying, plus it would be cheaper just to rewire your pump like kain said. I've talked to some people with in line pumps and all i've heard is bad things....
-Dan

seth98esT
11-08-2002, 12:23 PM
me and jesse rewired my fuel pump. dont really notice much difference. but as soon as i go turbo it will help lots

ill get some pics up

fstrthnu
11-08-2002, 08:50 PM
The pump being noisy isn't really a major concern for me. Besides I got a HUGE deal on a brand new accel DFI. The guy I bought it from has the same pump on his 12sec talon and has had no problems at all w/ it. He said that I shouldn't have any trouble getting it to work and if I do just give him a call since he works for Mr. Gasket.

hyer717
11-15-2002, 10:50 PM
Huh??? I can't hear you?? What did you say?? Your fuel pump is making too much noise, i can't hear a thing!!!! lol!! Damn, i should stop drinking. I'm sure it will be fine.