PDA

View Full Version : Parking lights wont go off

extremsprt86
02-17-2005, 03:57 PM
so all of a sudden i notice that my lights on my car will not go off, with the switch on the steering wheel or anything. i unhooked the battery overnight, and it seemed to be doing fine, but low and behold... they still wont go off. my theory is that it has to do with the alarm system in the car, i have a jti 300 s with remote start, the lock unlock is wired into these lights and i think something may be wrong there, but before i go stripping that out, has anyone had similar problems? could it be a relay or fuse messed up somewhere? please help me asap, im tired of unhooking the battery everywhere i go.

pinoyesv6
02-17-2005, 06:06 PM
check the taillight relay. check to see if its functioning. meaning it can open and close.

extremsprt86
02-17-2005, 07:18 PM
how do i check that, and where is it? what do you mean open and close?

pinoyesv6
02-17-2005, 07:29 PM
i couldn't tell you exactly where it is because your fuse box is different but its in the engine fuse box.

pretty much the easiest way to see if its working is when u turn your parking lights on and off with the switch, you'll hear it click.

extremsprt86
02-17-2005, 08:25 PM
just to clear this up... your saying that even if they are stuck on for some bizarre reason that im trying to figure out, when i turn the switch on and off the relay will still click? which would rule out a faulty relay?