PDA

View Full Version : Gears kinda slippin

Lazarus
10-07-2002, 07:03 AM
I just got my car back this weekend so I could keep the fluids circulating in it and I took it to this back road to see how she ran and coming our of first gear she was good and when I let up alittle so it could shift into second. as I pressed the gas I could hear it changing but it hesitated to kick in. I was planning on changing out my ATF and my timing belts anyway but i thought it was kinda odd becase I am not even at 60K Yet

Mante
10-07-2002, 07:36 AM
try changing the atf for now, if you didnt live so far I could get someone to flush the atf at the dealership...

Nick VR4
10-07-2002, 07:39 AM
you may just have confused the AT taking your foot of gas and moving to 2nd

Lazarus
10-07-2002, 10:11 AM
try changing the atf for now, if you didnt live so far I could get someone to flush the atf at the dealership...

The Dealership won't even touch my car now. When I had that bad wire under the console from the Alarm ad It wouldn't start. they wanted me to take the front end off the car before they would even look at it. Not with the Side skirts and the rear. I have a Mechanic around the corner who is doing my Pulleys I may ask him to take a look at it. I haven't got around to looking at the Tutorial for it yet. I may do that today.

Gilhuly
10-07-2002, 11:08 AM
Do the tranny fluid. That waiting til 60K is just bad advice. My manual (99) says to never change it if it doesn't look bad! I started fgetting torque converter shudder at 70K. I guess the manuals now say every 30K? Pisses me off

Reelax
10-07-2002, 12:11 PM
get the ATF fulshed then replaced w/ mobil ATF synthetic. my car shifts solidy again after i had that service.

Danger DANJ
10-07-2002, 02:18 PM
you may just have confused the AT taking your foot of gas and moving to 2nd

I don't think so. On my '99 V6, I do the same thing as Lazarus. I take off and before the rpms get a chance to hit redline I back off the gas a little to shift into 2nd and the shift is great. If I wait 'til it gets to red line, that's when I get a slight hesitation.

manybrews
10-07-2002, 05:23 PM
change the fluid at LEAST once every 2 years, preferably once a year, and use NOTHING but mitsu fluid. period. use NOTHING else.

its a piece of cake to do, just drain and fill.. no mess, no pan to remove, nothing like that.