PDA

View Full Version : and to top it off

tolowbass
02-19-2005, 10:55 PM
well after finding out my intake manifold is broken i use a temp fix till i can get a new one and use silicone to seal it. so i'm on my way to see a movie and i get hit buy this f'ing guy from brazil with no insurance. WTF. today just isnt my day. ill post up some picks if i get a chance tomorrow :firedevil: . My poor baby :sniff:

Censee
02-19-2005, 10:58 PM
damn that sucks,,,,,,,brazil huh???? how big was the damage?

tolowbass
02-19-2005, 11:13 PM
well theres a hole right behind the passengers rear door right in front of the tire and the front quarter panel is all smushed in, which also cracked the front of my kit. and my side mirror is just dangling right now

shashivr4
02-20-2005, 12:27 PM
My intake manifold has broken twice also, the bracket that connects to the throtttle body cracked to be more specific. I have also heard of a few others with the same problem. Do you think we could contact Mitsu and see if the part is defective and whether they can recall it or not? I think they should.

Shashivr4

tolowbass
02-20-2005, 01:46 PM
how much did the new manifold cost you?? this is something that should have been recalled by mitsu because its becoming quite a problem with many of us

shashivr4
02-20-2005, 03:27 PM
I bought a used one for about $200.00. I'll try to find the receipt and let you know the exact price. What steps can we take inorder to convince Mitsu that the manifold may have been a defective part?

Shashivr4

BlankMan
02-20-2005, 07:27 PM
tolowbass - if you want, I have a spare I'll sell for $175 shipped & insured. PM or post and let me know.

shashi - I sold you that intake manifold back in April, 2004. We did $175 shipped plus you added $4 to cover the paypal fee - so came out to $179 shipped... If you're happy with it, tell tolow so he can buy the other spare one I have https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Since RIPP is coming out with their intake manifold, I won't have a need for this extra one - but I need to sell stuff to get the $500-$600 that RIPPs will cost... :cry:

J

shashivr4
02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Blankman, the one I bought from you cracked on me also. I think its because Mitsu used cheap material to manufacture them. I would wait for the aftermarket one before buying another factory one.

Tolowbass, if you would like to put a factory one back on, I would definitely recommend doing business with Blankman.

BlankMan
02-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Blankman, the one I bought from you cracked on me also. I think its because Mitsu used cheap material to manufacture them. I would wait for the aftermarket one before buying another factory one...

Ouch - sorry to hear. Now I feel bad ....

I wonder if it was a certain batch of the factory intakes that were weak at the weld joints? I mean I've see a few posts from TGC members that have had the problem, but I know there's alot more that haven't...

J

ryans99es2.4
02-21-2005, 03:18 AM
84k miles on my 99 i4 no probs with my intake mani, i've never heard of any from the louisville galants either. maybe it is just a batch. of them

btw.... how you going to get compensated for the wreck? or are you not? were the police there at all?

tolowbass
02-21-2005, 06:50 AM
blankman i will most likely take you up on that offer but i will need to wait to gather up some cash now especially after this accident. the police told me that i will most likely have to sue the owner of the van that hit me to get my repairs paid for since the actual driver has no liscence and no insurance. it sux that i only have liability, ill just have to wait and see.

ryans99es2.4
02-21-2005, 02:06 PM
he shoulda been arrested/castrated.

TexasMade
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
that sucks. goodluck on takein him to court. that shit will take forever to get done. hope yours goes quicker than mine did. i just settled on a similiar case about 6 months ago. the wreck happen back on '00.

BlankMan
02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
blankman i will most likely take you up on that offer but i will need to wait to gather up some cash now especially after this accident....

Good enough - just drop me a line when/if you want it.

J

ryans99es2.4
02-23-2005, 01:47 PM
if you did have full coverage, i wouldn't report shit to the insurance company. that'll only make your premiums go up.

best bet is to take out a personal loan at your bank, get the repairs done and you'll be compensated when you take that bastard to court. there is no way you won't get the money, it just takes time. good luck 8)