PDA

View Full Version : Intake Wrap

Galant01
10-07-2002, 08:12 AM
Does anyone make intake wrap? I have an I4 and my Injen CAI sits right next to the block and Valve cover, is there anything out there that I can wrap the intake pipe in?

BGR
10-07-2002, 09:03 AM
If you feel it's absolutely necessary, you can use the same wrap that is used for headers. I'm not sure of the name or the material but I'm sure you get the idea. I think it's also used for turbos.

Lazarus
10-07-2002, 09:44 AM
DEI Thermal Wrap, Chech this out
Click Me Click Me ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3304')

Fishboy55
10-07-2002, 01:24 PM
DEI Thermal Wrap, Chech this out
Click Me Click Me ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3304')
Good call Rich and CJ. I just got my kit from Summit. I'll probably apply it to the headers this weekend if I have time. Note, once you spray the wrap with the silicone compund and cure it, I'm not sure it will be so easy to remove. So make sure you absolutely want to wrap your intake before you do it.

Chip

pinoyesv6
10-07-2002, 01:47 PM
another option u might wanna consider is high temp engine paint. i mean if you like the way ur intake looks, you can just paint the inside of the pipe and still retain the good looks while having some insulation qualities from the ceramic in the paint.

Fishboy55
10-08-2002, 05:04 AM
another option u might wanna consider is high temp engine paint. i mean if you like the way ur intake looks, you can just paint the inside of the pipe and still retain the good looks while having some insulation qualities from the ceramic in the paint.

DO NOT paint the inside of your intake. We removed Mante's intake at the last meet, and his throttle body was covered with fine red dust from the paint. That means x amount of paint already got sucked into his engine. Not good. I do not recommend this option under any circumstances.

Chip

pinoyesv6
10-08-2002, 10:01 AM

DO NOT paint the inside of your intake. We removed Mante's intake at the last meet, and his throttle body was covered with fine red dust from the paint. That means x amount of paint already got sucked into his engine. Not good. I do not recommend this option under any circumstances.

Chip

thats right...i remember there was something wrong when i was typing that up....stupid accident.

Lazarus
10-08-2002, 10:56 AM
why is it that your wrapping the intake? If it's for the track you may want to ask Chip about just "Icing your intake" before you run. It will........Well it keeps your intake pulling cold air when done correctly. And it keeps that nice polished intake shinning.