PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating in Reverse

delo
10-07-2002, 09:53 AM
my ride vibrates alot when i put in reverse. i know there should be some vibration but damn not that much. what could be the problem?

Kain
10-07-2002, 12:09 PM
Check the level/color of your fluid. (you do know how to properly check that right?). Low/burnt fluid is usually the cause of over 90% of transmission failures.

manybrews
10-07-2002, 05:24 PM
its probably a normal amount.

delo
10-09-2002, 10:23 AM
vibrating a normal amount. i dont think so. i mean really vibrating. or do galants just vibrate alot or something. going to check my transmission fluid over the weekend. too cold and too dark to be checking fluids after i get home from work.

manybrews
10-09-2002, 05:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(delo)</div><div class='quotemain'>vibrating a normal amount. i dont think so. i mean really vibrating. or do galants just vibrate alot or something. going to check my transmission fluid over the weekend. too cold and too dark to be checking fluids after i get home from work.</div>
ALL 4 cylinders vibrate.

some more than others.

so yes, a certain amount of vibration is to be considered "normal".
if its awful, there certainly may be something wrong (loose motor mounts, trans issues, idling incorrectly, misfiring, etc.etc)

dre24k
10-13-2002, 03:41 PM
its the transmission mount right behind the radiator. check for cracks in the rubber. its bout $100 at the dealership I think. that happened to my car a while back...its round with a big screw with rubber surrounding it, the rubber is probably worn or torn apart check it out.

NRG
10-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Hmmmm. I also have a 4 banger but my car doesn't vibrate in any circumstances.....Not even in reverse........