PDA

View Full Version : The spring and screws with the headlight bulb....

atx
02-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Well along time ago when i put in my headlights i removed the screws wich i now know is not needed. I did a search and found how to adjust my headlight which i need to do but first how does the spring go on and where do the screws go? pics would be awsome. yea i know i messed up just lookn for some help. Thanks guys

Jet Black
02-24-2005, 11:14 AM
What spring? You mean the headlight retainer thing (looks like a bent up paper clip).

atx
02-24-2005, 04:20 PM
the retainer and the screw i think held the retainer im not sure... i need to get that set up right

Zero_4073
02-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Just turn it around until it latches in. You'll need to push down on it until it hooks in.

cardude03
02-24-2005, 05:08 PM
i changed my headlights before, but i never unscrewed anything..... :?:

atx
02-24-2005, 07:46 PM
yeaaa car dude!! thats my point thanks for your post!

cardude03
02-24-2005, 07:52 PM
oh, ummm, glad i could help......still kinda lost.... :?:

eatyourkix
02-25-2005, 10:27 AM
those things were THE biggest bitch to get back in....i hated that part it took me like 30 minutes...but it worked...you do the need the screw or else the little bent up paper clip thing won't stay in there...

i guess you got it fixed though?

-kix

atx
02-26-2005, 04:28 AM
yea that why i think i didnt put em in cause they were a bitch, yea i havent fixed them yet because i havent got my bulbs yet, in the mail but i think im guna take the whole headlight out and then plug it in to the harness onece in to do and and make sure my bulb doesnt touch my finger or that hose that runs by the back, ill just be able to work better but anyway so u just clip the paperclip thing behind the screw? and how should the paper clip thing be lined up. im tired its 2 o clock

Jet Black
02-27-2005, 12:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atx)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea that why i think i didnt put em in cause they were a bitch, yea i havent fixed them yet because i havent got my bulbs yet, in the mail but i think im guna take the whole headlight out and then plug it in to the harness onece in to do and and make sure my bulb doesnt touch my finger or that hose that runs by the back, ill just be able to work better but anyway so u just clip the paperclip thing behind the screw? and how should the paper clip thing be lined up. im tired its 2 o clock</div>

http://img95.exs.cx/img95/3814/screw2gs.th.gif ('http://img95.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img95&image=screw2gs.gif')

Tell me if you need a better shot.

Lootrock
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok I gotta question. The plug to the bulb is supposed to come off when you pull the rubber thing off right? It worked for me for the first headlight, but the second one didn't want to unplug. Any advise? Am I doing something wrong?