PDA

View Full Version : Custom hands free

Cheekz185
02-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Ok guys this might sound a little crazy but I wana build my own custom hands free kit for my car. I do a lot of driving and talk alot. I want to build a custom hand free cell phone kit. I want to custom build a microphone into the driver side door's pillar or have it build into my gauge cluster and then have like a mini speaker phone somewhere. I wanna know if it can be done and what i need to do it. and and i want to have me cell phone hook up into my armrest and connect that way. If any1 can help me out that would be cool.

Something like what is on FrankMB's website.

digital_ripper04
02-25-2005, 01:45 AM
anything is possible with our friend $$ go talk to a couple shops by you

Darkkend
02-25-2005, 02:19 AM
The downside to a handsfree car kit, is that there made specifically a certain make and model phone, some times will work with other models of the same make. So if in 6 months you decide that you want to Change cell phones, then you'll need a whole new kit.

Unless your Cell phone is equipt with Bluetooth, then with a bluetooth car kit if you want to get a new phone down the line all you have to do is make sure the new phone has bluetooth.

You might want to take a look at Howardforums.com for more info on Cell phones.

But what you describe is a car kit, the Mic is installed anywere you want most of the time is at the top of the A piller, and the speaker is usaully under the dash on the passenger side (some kits allow you to connect it to your cars radio and will mute it automatically on incoming callsl bluetooth car kits too) and the cradle will be placed anywere you want, for a cleaner look the wires could be run under the console.

Bluetooh would be ideal. 1 its wireless no need to put the phone in a cradle, could leave it in your pocket if you want. 2 in the long run cheaper (because you would need one kit when you change phones[if bluetooth equiped]) if not you would need a new kit for the new phone (if the new phone is a different make and model).