PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Dynomax DNX Headers for 3.0 V6

DryBear
02-27-2005, 03:36 AM
http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?...topic=22838&hl= ('http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22838&hl=')

Looks like the Stratus guys are trying to get some new headers from Dynomax developed - check out the link above if you are interested - if these are going to be anything like their catback, these should be good.

Heres some info copied from the thread above:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stratusfied02)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok kids, Heres the deal. Dynomax will be monitoring sales of the next run of catbacks. If turnout is good and we can get enough interested parties, then we can probably get them to develop headers under the DNX line. These are awesome, and the best part is that they will also fit the Galants and Eclipses so I will be posting on those boards as well.
Heres our chance to get another top quality and warrantied item from a major manufacturer. I have no idea on pricing or any other details right now. All I need is a list of interested parties to see how much interest there would be in this product. All I can tell you is that they will probably cost less than the RIPPS and that the quality will be top notch and put out the max HP.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stratusfied02)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not sure what we'll get but I know the quality will be kick ass. And yes they will probably be CARB legal as is most products produced by Dynomax.
Keep in mind guys that full length headers usually require a lot of tuning and the sometimes will not put out as much HP as shortys. I did some research on this and found that for most daily driver vehicles that shortys are actually the better choice. But I guess we'll see what Dynomax says.</div>

maximus99
02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
I suppose they would work on a V6 Galant?

DryBear
02-27-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/agreed.gif

maximus99
02-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Price? 8)

DryBear
02-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Right now, I believe it is just an interest list to see what the demand is for the company to make them - I suggest that if you want them made, sign up there and post your interest.

Danger DANJ
02-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm interested for sure. I'll wait a couple weeks and see what the progress is. If it's not going anywhere, I'll probably get the RIPP headers.

pinoyesv6
02-28-2005, 12:38 PM
i'd be down. seeing that dynomax is a big national brand name there shouldn't be as much issues with fitment and the warranty is a good thing.

GTZ_Ryde
02-28-2005, 12:51 PM
I'd be interested depending on price.

maximus99
02-28-2005, 08:38 PM
I'd be interested depending on price.Exactly! I might not be interested if the price is sky high....

DryBear
03-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Just to reiterate, if you are even interested, price notwithstanding, you should put your name down on the link above - they want to see what the demand for the headers would be before they would even be considered to be made.

Edit: for your convenience, I'll tally up the names here and post it on the Stratus board.

so far:
1. maximus99
2. Danger DANJ
3. pinoyesv6
4. GTZ_Ryde

I'd be in myself if I weren't going another route with performace <cough>turbo<cough>.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
03-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Im down for the right price.

maximus99
03-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Just to reiterate, if you are even interested, price notwithstanding, you should put your name down on the link above - they want to see what the demand for the headers would be before they would even be considered to be made.

Edit: for your convenience, I'll tally up the names here and post it on the Stratus board.

so far:
1. maximus99
2. Danger DANJ
3. pinoyesv6
4. GTZ_Ryde

I'd be in myself if I weren't going another route with performace <cough>turbo<cough>. The headers probly cost as much as the turbo! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

FrankMB
03-01-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm down but if the price difference between this and the RIPP is negligible, I'll go with the RIPP.

maximus99
03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm down but if the price difference between this and the RIPP is negligible, I'll go with the RIPP.Who would you get the RIPP's from?

pinoyesv6
03-01-2005, 02:09 PM
im guessing he'd get them directly from RIPP unless he knew sum1 selling them for used.

maximus99
03-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah,I thought maybe there was a site selling them at discounted prices.I've been seeing lots of sites selling alot of the same parts & some sometimes are alittle cheaper than others.

thebirdman13
03-01-2005, 07:04 PM
i'm definately interesting seeing as i'm going FI soon

ChikagoGTZ
03-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I'll check back with the Stratus guys in a year, that's how long this will take.

maximus99
03-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Wow! :scary: That long? It really must still be in the research & development stage....