PDA

View Full Version : Next step for handling?

maximus99
02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
As I've mentioned before,I put on an intake & a strut brace in the short time I've had the '99.To improve handling & get the best results for the money,should I go with the AADCO sway bar thats just been offered,or go with lowering springs 1st?

neel9
02-27-2005, 10:55 PM
i say lower it.. and than u might wanna think about getting the d3 stiffering kit.. i do not have it but i heard awsome things about it so.. will get it b summer.. it was like 250 shipped

maximus99
02-27-2005, 10:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>i say lower it.. and than u might wanna think about getting the d3 stiffering kit.. i do not have it but i heard awsome things about it so.. will get it b summer.. it was like 250 shipped</div>That price doesnt sound bad at all.Anyone on the G.Center install one? I think it might be less expensive than springs?

neel9
02-27-2005, 11:00 PM
ok springs will run about 200 and yes.. many people have the d3 stiffering kit or whatever they call it.. u can ask Danger_Danj and some other as they have it.. so... i say do springs and than the d3 kit.. i have progress so. i love it but i wanna lower it more so.. but drives nice.so..

cardude03
02-27-2005, 11:12 PM
yeh, i heard the best thing u can do to improve handling is new springs and shocks

maximus99
02-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah,OK,I think just getting it lower will help quite a bit in cornering.Then the frame stiffening if needed,& when I've got the cash.Other than some leaning,getting it to take corners tight,I think this 99 GTZ I just got drives pretty nice.I've got a Magneflow muffler on my list right now,too,that I was going to stick on the end of my stock exhaust for now.A Dynomax catback will be coming sometime in the future

Danger DANJ
02-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Definitely go with lowering springs before anything else suspension wise. Of course you should add to that some aftermarket shocks/struts as well. The D3 kit is a good upgrade, but I'd say you might be better off getting a thicker rear sway bar first. I would have done that first myself if there was one out that fit the Galant when I got the D3 kit.

neel9
02-28-2005, 12:47 PM
i have a sway bar from megan racing.. what u mean by thicker? whioch is a good one?

Reelax
02-28-2005, 12:57 PM
if i were to do it again i would have just bought the TEIN SS-P from the beginning... of course it wasn't out yet, but that's how much better the car handles now!

LasVegas01
02-28-2005, 01:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah,OK,I think just getting it lower will help quite a bit in cornering.Then the frame stiffening if needed,& when I've got the cash.Other than some leaning,getting it to take corners tight,I think this 99 GTZ I just got drives pretty nice.I've got a Magneflow muffler on my list right now,too,that I was going to stick on the end of my stock exhaust for now.A Dynomax catback will be coming sometime in the future</div>

I have some Sprint lowering springs (1.8" drop) that will fit nicely on your car... $175 shipped

jusmills
02-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd say save $$$ and get the Tein SS-P. Not only will you have adjustability in being able to drop it up to 2.6 inches, you'll have control over the damping, which means you can adjust how stiff the ride is. It'll set you back a little coin, but in the long run would be worth it. A cheaper way to go would be the KYB AGX + springs.

DOHCstunr
02-28-2005, 02:30 PM
doesn't that tein setup come with a pillowball uppermount?
pillow ball mount is much more precise than bushing mount. will make a world of difference on wheel hop. Most pillow ball upper mounts also have built in camber plates.
i'd be patient, save a little more money and go that route.

another major difference is the length of the rod on a true coilover setup. when you lower your stock struts or even kybs, you are limited on the amount of suspension travel your shock can survive because you are closer to bottoming out the strut, with every inch you lower it.
but most true coilovers have shorter rods. so you will still have full suspension travel at lower ride hieghts, without the risk of bottoming out and blowing your seals.
if you lower your ground control more than 1.75, you better ride at maximum dampening(stiffness) at all times to keep from bottoming out your struts(you are going to have to anyways to keep from bouncing). coilover system damage voids the lifetime warranty on kyb and koni. It says so right on the instructions.
if you are serious about long term performance, and a quality, precice and fully adjustable ride, go with the teins.
i believe you can also adjust the rebound rate to tune the bounce out.
am i right?

DOHCstunr
02-28-2005, 02:36 PM
also, if you want your turns to be as responsive as a go-kart, get some better sway bars. it will eliminate every last bit of lean you car has after you lower it. It will aslo make your steering react instantly to your input. But i wouldn't recomend them to an unseasoned driver.

Danger DANJ
02-28-2005, 06:23 PM
i have a sway bar from megan racing.. what u mean by thicker? whioch is a good one?
Are you sure you are talking about a sway bar and not a strut bar or a tie bar. They are all different. I looked at Megan Racing's site and didn't see any sway bars. The only rear sway bar that I know of for sure that fits the Galant is the one from Addco which I test fitted. Click here ('http://www.dangerdanj.com/addco_rsb_install.htm') for the tutorial that I did for it.

There is a rear sway bar from Suspension Techniques for the 3G Eclipse which can fit on the 8G Galant if you cut or bang flat the jack point on the spare tire well.

Then, there is a front and rear sway bar set from RMDSM that I wanted to get because many 3G Eclipse guys love it, but I figured it wouldn't fit either without modifying the jack point on the spare tire well, but I think it might actually fit. Right after I put on the Addco bar, I posted over at 2GStratus.org since they have the same problem with the jack point, but someone there said that the RMDSM rear bar fit fine. I wish I would have known that a long time ago because I would have tested those bars out. Click here ('http://www.rernetworking.com/rmdsm/3G_bars.htm') for the RMDSM bars.

Both the Suspension Techniques and Addco rear sway bars are 22mm. The RMDSM set is 24mm in the rear and 17.5 mm in the front. Having a rear bar that is thicker helps reduce understeer.

if i were to do it again i would have just bought the TEIN SS-P from the beginning... of course it wasn't out yet, but that's how much better the car handles now!
Yeah, for real. The best thing I ever did to my Galant.

doesn't that tein setup come with a pillowball uppermount?
Yup, myself, Cali and Reelax all have the SS-P setup which has the pillow ball upper mounts.

Here is my front:
http://www.dangerdanj.com/tein_pbum.jpg

maximus99
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Wheres the best site to find the Tien SS-P? Or the KYB AGX's? I really dont want to slam it down too far,but somewhere between an inch to 1.5 in. would be good? Like I said,I am not familiar with these cars yet,& dont really know whats out there for them,or the best quality equipment.I just dont want to jump into it,get something,then find out I shoulda went another direction.I just lowered my 79 vette about 1.5 inches,put in composite springs front a rear,& a lower shock mount spreader bar,poly bushings, 245-45-17" Kumho's on American Racing TT2's,wood console trim,etc https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

neel9
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
than just get springs as it not as low. but i do not know... may better to gtet if u want good handling... i geuss

devgrp
03-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Wheres the best site to find the Tien SS-P? Or the KYB AGX's? I really dont want to slam it down too far,but somewhere between an inch to 1.5 in. would be good? Like I said,I am not familiar with these cars yet,& dont really know whats out there for them,or the best quality equipment.I just dont want to jump into it,get something,then find out I shoulda went another direction.I just lowered my 79 vette about 1.5 inches,put in composite springs front a rear,& a lower shock mount spreader bar,poly bushings, 245-45-17" Kumho's on American Racing TT2's,wood console trim,etc https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
You can get the KYB AGX for 335 shiped from Jessica over at club3g. They have a group buy going on. I just ordered the Eibach Prokit and the KYB GR2 for $415 shipped. I should have them by this weekend.

neel9
03-01-2005, 09:45 AM
You can get the KYB AGX for 335 shiped from Jessica over at club3g. They have a group buy going on. I just ordered the Eibach Prokit and the KYB GR2 for $415 shipped. I should have them by this weekend.

hey are gr-2 any good.. cause i am thinking about getting them but every one is talking about agx. so.. let me know.

seth98esT
03-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Get the Energy suspension bushings for the 3g Eclipse if they make them. You will notice a big improvement.

neel9
03-01-2005, 10:01 AM
hey ok.. what are bushing.. people have mentioned it bu no clue what it is... is it something which is locatd between the pillow mount and the shocks and spring or??... and when i get the shocks and springs or coilovers... do they come with it or rell them to put in some new ones?

maximus99
03-01-2005, 12:13 PM
You can get the KYB AGX for 335 shiped from Jessica over at club3g. They have a group buy going on. I just ordered the Eibach Prokit and the KYB GR2 for $415 shipped. I should have them by this weekend.Are you saying GR-2's are the better choice,or you liked the price better? Whats the link or address to Club3g? club3g.com? The Eibach prokit springs? R they adjustable,& how much are they said to lower a Galant? Thanks for the help... 8)

neel9
03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
i think teh prokit lower about 1.2 or something and teh sprotline lowers about 2.0.. .. i have progress and they lower 2.2 but still not low enough for me.. so.. and if ur aim is to fill in the gap u wnana lower more kind of..

devgrp
03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
You can get the KYB AGX for 335 shiped from Jessica over at club3g. They have a group buy going on. I just ordered the Eibach Prokit and the KYB GR2 for $415 shipped. I should have them by this weekend.Are you saying GR-2's are the better choice,or you liked the price better? Whats the link or address to Club3g? club3g.com? The Eibach prokit springs? R they adjustable,& how much are they said to lower a Galant? Thanks for the help... 8)

The GR-2s are non adjustable, the AGXs are. The AGX cost more money and they are supposedly better. I do not need the adjustabilty so I'm going for second best which are the GR2s.

The Eibach sprints are not adjustable, for that you need to get coilovers.

maximus99
03-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks.So many choices,so little cash.I'm also trying to get my Vette ready for a couple shows this year :roll: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif

neel9
03-01-2005, 05:56 PM
hey danj.. whtas is the black knob/switch in the middle.. ?Click here ('http://www.dangerdanj.com/addco_rsb_install.htm')

Danger DANJ
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks.So many choices,so little cash.I'm also trying to get my Vette ready for a couple shows this year :roll: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif
Yes, there are many choices, but not alot if you know what kind of ride you want. Are you looking for a drop that will close up as much of the wheel gap as possible? Do you want the best handling as possible and don't care how stiff the ride is and how many bumps you can feel?

Simply, if you are just looking to upgrade your handling, don't want a real stiff ride, and don't care how much of the fender gap is eliminated, go with some springs like the Eibach Pro Kit or H&R. Add to that the KYB GR-2s and you are all set. I really wouldn't bother with the KYB AGXs unless you want to be able to set the dampening stiffer. But then the ride gets a little rougher. If you go with a more aggressive drop, like closer to 2" or more, then I'd say get yourself some AGXs. With that kind of drop, you have less suspension travel and you have more of a chance of bottoming out. So, that's where you'd want the AGXs, so you can set the dampening to a stiffer setting which will help keep the car from bottoming out. The GR-2s can still be used, but I would only get those with an aggressive drop if I only cared about how my car looks lowered rather than how well it handles. But, then if you said you wanted that much of a drop, I'd just tell you to get some Tein coilovers and forget everything else as long as you aren't worried about a stiff ride.

Danger DANJ
03-01-2005, 06:07 PM
hey danj.. whtas is the black knob/switch in the middle.. ?Click here ('http://www.dangerdanj.com/addco_rsb_install.htm')
Huh? What knob and which picture are you reffering to on that page?

neel9
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
here .. the black switch like in the middle??
http://www.dangerdanj.com/tein_pbum.jpg[/quote]

cardude03
03-01-2005, 06:33 PM
so danj, are you saying that the GR-2's will make the ride as comfortable as the AGX's on the softest settings? cuz if i did anything with springs/shocks, i want to keep the ride as comfortable as possible.

pinoyesv6
03-01-2005, 07:45 PM
got this from club 3g...

Date: 2004/08/03 Tue PM 03:24:50 EDT
To: Cameron
Subject: RE: [KYB.COM Contact Form] Dampening Rate

The AGX products have the following approximate damping force values.
When adjusted, both rebound and compression damping forces change.

Setting#:
Relative Value
1 - Same as Factory (100%)
2 - Same as our GR2 products (10~15% firmer than Factory --115%)
3 - 50% firmer than #2 (172%)
4 - 30% firmer than #3 (223%)

For an eight position adjustable product, the damping force values are
approx. the following: With #2 being Factory at a relative value of 100,

#1 = 95 (5% softer than Factory)
#2 = 100 (Factory damping force)
#3 = 107.5 (7.5% firmer than Factory)
#4 = 115 (15% firmer than Factory)(GR-2)
#5 = 143.5 (43.5% firmer than Factory)
#6 = 172 (72% firmer than Factory)
#7 = 197.5 (97.5 firmer than Factory)
#8 = 223 (123 % firmerthan Factory)

cardude03
03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
aww man, looks like my list is growing. too bad i made a vow to myself that i wont buy any more stuff for my car until i get a job :cry:

maximus99
03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
got this from club 3g...

Date: 2004/08/03 Tue PM 03:24:50 EDT
To: Cameron
Subject: RE: [KYB.COM Contact Form] Dampening Rate

The AGX products have the following approximate damping force values.
When adjusted, both rebound and compression damping forces change.

Setting#:
Relative Value
1 - Same as Factory (100%)
2 - Same as our GR2 products (10~15% firmer than Factory --115%)
3 - 50% firmer than #2 (172%)
4 - 30% firmer than #3 (223%)

For an eight position adjustable product, the damping force values are
approx. the following: With #2 being Factory at a relative value of 100,

#1 = 95 (5% softer than Factory)
#2 = 100 (Factory damping force)
#3 = 107.5 (7.5% firmer than Factory)
#4 = 115 (15% firmer than Factory)(GR-2)
#5 = 143.5 (43.5% firmer than Factory)
#6 = 172 (72% firmer than Factory)
#7 = 197.5 (97.5 firmer than Factory)
#8 = 223 (123 % firmerthan Factory) Looks really good.I asked about their group buy,havent had any replys.

Danger DANJ
03-01-2005, 10:52 PM
here .. the black switch like in the middle??
http://www.dangerdanj.com/tein_pbum.jpg
Oh, well that black thing is a cover. You pull that black cover off and then you'll see the adjustment knob for controlling the damper level. The KYB AGXs have something similar.

neel9
03-02-2005, 01:57 AM
that is cool that it has the adjusting thing on top. i belive the agx has it on the bar right.. dont u have to remove ur wheel to adjust it?

Danger DANJ
03-02-2005, 12:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>that is cool that it has the adjusting thing on top. i belive the agx has it on the bar right.. dont u have to remove ur wheel to adjust it?</div>
Some KYB AGXs for other cars have the knob on the side where you have to remove your wheel, but the ones for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant have the adjustment at the top... for both the front and the rear.

neel9
03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
hey .. ok i ordered them and was wondering .. when i install them what is the perfect level to keep the shocks..i know firm is better but not sure.. what level to drive it at first.. than wil adjust it later.. please.. help

cardude03
03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
hey dave, how good do you think the handlig would be if i had some AGX's on a stiff setting like 3 or 4, but with stock springs?

maximus99
03-02-2005, 12:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>that is cool that it has the adjusting thing on top. i belive the agx has it on the bar right.. dont u have to remove ur wheel to adjust it?</div>
Some KYB AGXs for other cars have the knob on the side where you have to remove your wheel, but the ones for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant have the adjustment at the top... for both the front and the rear.</div>Thats good,sounds like on our cars,adjustments will be easy to deal with,& quick.If I dont have the cash for shocks & springs at one time now,do you suggest getting just the AGX's or the Pro-kit springs 1st?

neel9
03-02-2005, 01:26 PM
i say springs and than shocks.. doing both is good but if u like me .. have money issues.. than springs and than untill the hocks wear out.. after that get agx.. i got progres and used it fo about year and my shocks are i think about to blow.. so .. i egtting them by next week. .. u can save money and get it donw the line like me..

cardude03
03-02-2005, 03:01 PM
actually you will end up spending more money buying them separately, becuase u will have to pay for the springs installation, and then pay for the shocks installation. so u could save quite a bit of money getting them installed at the same time.

neel9
03-02-2005, 06:18 PM
what is the best setting for agx..? will get them installed next week so.. need to know..

Danger DANJ
03-02-2005, 06:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey .. ok Â*i ordered them and was wondering .. when i install them what is the perfect level to keep the shocks..i know firm is better but not sure.. what level to drive it at first.. than wil adjust it later.. please.. help</div>
There really isn't a perfect level. You should adjust it to your liking. I had my shocks set a few different ways before I got them to where I liked it. I'd say start out at the softest setting and go from there. Leave your rear seat out and go for a drive, then adjust them again and go for another drive. Keep doing it until you like the way the car rides. Then put the rear seat back in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey dave, how good do you think the handlig would be if i had some AGX's on a stiff setting like 3 or 4, but with stock springs?</div>
That's hard to say. I have no experience with that kind of setup. I would think that you would get much better response when weaving in and out of lanes on the highway and such, but would still have alot of body roll and not much better handling when cornering hard. I can't say for sure though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats good,sounds like on our cars,adjustments will be easy to deal with,& quick.If I dont have the cash for shocks & springs at one time now,do you suggest getting just the AGX's or the Pro-kit springs 1st?</div>
Adjustment for the front will be as easy as popping your hood, but to get to the top of the rear shocks, you have to take out your rear seat, which is a pain in the ass.

If you only had money to get one, I'd get the Eibach Pro Kit before the AGXs. The Pro Kit doesn't drop very low, so your stock shocks will be able to handle it fine for quite a while unless they have a ton of miles on them already. With a bigger drop, like with the Progress springs, the stock shocks would blow out much sooner and so I would suggest waiting 'til you had enough money to get shocks at the same time.

maximus99
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info...sounds like I'd better just get both,I just hope I can get the good deal from Jessica if I still have enough money after the $800 charge for changing out my belts,plugs,wires,& pump! Not sure if I can add the $535 for shocks & springs.Might have to wait for the next group buy :cry:

neel9
03-03-2005, 02:57 AM
hey maximus99.. my friend bought for his new tsx .. some eibachs.. from ebay for like 150 shipped.. so.. i say get the springs and than the get shocks down the line .. by the time u have to change ur shocks u will have money saved up so.. at this point u have money issues to so go with what u can get..

neel9
03-03-2005, 03:08 AM
"Adjustment for the front will be as easy as popping your hood, but to get to the top of the rear shocks, you have to take out your rear seat, which is a pain in the ass"

hey danj.. so what like i asked u before.. like ur tein one wiuth the black knob.. is that the same way u adjust the our agx shocks or what?

maximus99
03-03-2005, 03:56 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey maximus99.. my friend bought for his new tsx .. some eibachs.. from ebay for like 150 shipped.. so.. i say get the springs and than the get shocks down the line .. by the time u have to change ur shocks u will have money saved up so.. Â*at this point u have money issues to so go with what u can get..</div>4 for $150? :shock: I guess I'll take a look..

neel9
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
hey u know what... ask pinoyv6 as he is selling his eibachs... and look on ebay.. i looked it up but the cheapes one i found one was 183+shipping so.. look and see what is the ebst deal u get and if u dont than just wait

maximus99
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey u know what... ask pinoyv6 as he is selling his eibachs... and look on ebay.. i looked it up but the cheapes one i found one was 183+shipping so.. look and see what is the ebst deal u get and if u dont than just wait</div>I found one set of Eibachs for my car,$183.23 + $40 shipping-> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7958885920&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT') .... Tien S Tech,$139.99 + $25--> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7958546556&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT')

Danger DANJ
03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>"Adjustment for the front will be as easy as popping your hood, but to get to the top of the rear shocks, you have to take out your rear seat, which is a pain in the ass"

hey danj.. so what like i asked u before.. like ur tein one wiuth the black knob.. is that the same way u adjust the our agx shocks or what?</div>
Yeah, they adjust the same way.

DOHCstunr
03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
the agx rear adjustment should be mounted on the side of the strut, you can get to it by reaching around your rear tire. I adjust mine while its on the ground.
how do i post a picture, i've got one.

DOHCstunr
03-03-2005, 01:17 PM
the agx rear adjustment should be mounted on the side of the strut, you can get to it by reaching around your rear tire. I adjust mine while its on the ground.
how do i post a picture, i've got one.

pinoyesv6
03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
on the 8g they are on the top of the shock.

neel9
03-03-2005, 03:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>the agx rear adjustment should be mounted on the side of the strut, you can get to it by reaching around your rear tire. Â*I adjust mine while its on the ground.
how do i post a picture, i've got one.</div>

hey go to imageshack.us and upload it and copy the link and paste it here..

neel9
03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey u know what... ask pinoyv6 as he is selling his eibachs... and look on ebay.. i looked it up but the cheapes one i found one was 183+shipping so.. look and see what is the ebst deal u get and if u dont than just wait</div>I found one set of Eibachs for my car,$183.23 + $40 shipping-> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7958885920&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT') .... Tien S Tech,$139.99 + $25-->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7958546556&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT</div>
hey i have progres.. and i luv it.. the reason i got it cause it slamms the car more than any other sprinsg except for coilovers... if u wana lower it a lot.. than i say progress of eibachs sportline.. but if u wanna just look decently low .. than u can go with tein or eibach prokit.. i luv cars slammed to.. but the same time wanna have a nice handling so keep these springs.. coilovers like skunk and ground control are good.. but not as good of a ride as springs.. yes tein coilovers have a damm good ride.. that why they cost more.. so.. its all what u like and stuff..

pinoyesv6
03-03-2005, 03:29 PM
the s-tech springs will lower the car around the same as the progress. if you don't want to drop that low, look at hte eibach pro kit or the h&r's

neel9
03-03-2005, 03:31 PM
i though tein lower about 1.5?..may be not

pinoyesv6
03-03-2005, 03:43 PM
for the v6 like what maximus99 has, the stech drops 2.2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear

cardude03
03-03-2005, 04:04 PM
quick question, kinda offtopic but not really.

which springs will lower my 4cyl the LEAST?

neel9
03-03-2005, 04:18 PM
eibach the prokit.. i think 1.2 .. dam man if u wanna lower it 1.2 .. u might as well dont do it.. cause our car are high.. stock so.. so lowering it will not look all differnet

cardude03
03-03-2005, 04:27 PM
if i lower my car, it definately wouldnt be for looks, just for handling purposes. i dont even want to have a low car, too much to watch out for, and too much of a hassle, speed bumps, curbs, drive ways, dips, etc. etc.

pinoyesv6
03-03-2005, 07:23 PM
the galant gtz or the eclipse factory springs will lower your car around half an inch. chances are you'll probably won't notice it.

after that you're gonna be looking at the galant pro kit by eibach and the tein h-tech kit for the eclipse. those are around and inch drop.

from there you can look at the h&r springs for the galant and the eibach pro kit for the eclipse.

cardude03
03-03-2005, 07:29 PM
would there be a noticable difference in handling from the GTZ springs?

pinoyesv6
03-03-2005, 07:34 PM
to tell you the truth, i wouldn't even consider the eclipse/gtz springs. if the gtz came with a real "sport tuned" suspension i think a few of us woulda bought a gtz...

Danger DANJ
03-03-2005, 09:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>the agx rear adjustment should be mounted on the side of the strut, you can get to it by reaching around your rear tire. Â*I adjust mine while its on the ground.
how do i post a picture, i've got one.</div>
Yeah, the rear KYB AGXs for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant are only 4 way adjustable and you adjust them at the top. The ones you have are for a 2G Eclipse FWD/7G Galant. Although, if anyone wanted some 8 way adjustable AGXs in the rear for their 8G Galant and wanted to be able to adjust them by reaching around the tire, I'm almost positive that the 2G Eclipse FWD/7G Galant ones will fit. But, I don't know how well they will perform and last since the 8G Galant is heavier.

devgrp
03-04-2005, 01:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick question, kinda offtopic but not really.

which springs will lower my 4cyl the LEAST?</div>

From looking at the pictures in your signiture, I thought your car was already dropped.

I went ahead and ordered the Eibach Prokit for the Eclipse and the KYB GR2 from Jessica over at PPS. I should have them installed by next week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

cardude03
03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick question, kinda offtopic but not really.

which springs will lower my 4cyl the LEAST?</div>

From looking at the pictures in your signiture, I thought your car was already dropped.

I went ahead and ordered the Eibach Prokit for the Eclipse and the KYB GR2 from Jessica over at PPS. I should have them installed by next week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.</div>

lol, isnt it nice how the camera can trick the eye, lol

yeh, i definately wanna know how it goes, so post up when you get it all installed.