PDA

View Full Version : deleted

bullman
03-02-2005, 01:00 AM
thank you

pinoyesv6
03-02-2005, 01:21 AM
for the parts. the big thing i'd ask with that price is where they are getting the parts.

are the parts new or used??
if new, are they from mitsu or some other aftermarket company.

the front bumper. do you plan on modifying your car?? i mean your car is just gonna look just silly with just the aftermarket front bumper and no other mods.

paint is expensive period. can't complain about that. and depending on which silver your color is, it might be more expensive than other colors.

the radiator. personally i'd go with the one made by mitsu. the only other radiator i'd go with is one of them quality aftermarket aluminum radiators but thats some bread right there.

for the wheels. you might want to consider getting osme aftermarket wheels. you can find new and used wheel sets for fairly cheap. nice time to upgrade. i know the factory alloy wheel from mitsu is like 150-200 bucks. then u still need a tire and youre up to 300 bucks. for a few bucks more you can get an aftermarket set with 4 new wheel and tires. somethign to consider.

but yea for parts. unless those parts are real mitsu parts, i'd let the shop buy the parts. most of the parts you find online for cheap are not real mitsu parts but made by some aftermarket company. on some of them quality sucks. some of them fitment sucks. but some they might be just as good as factory. if you bring in your own parts you might save money by bringing in your own parts but you might end up paying more for labor because they don't fit like how they expected the part to fit. sometihng to think about.

bullman
03-02-2005, 01:55 AM
gone

pinoyesv6
03-02-2005, 02:13 AM
your pricing doesn't include shipping which is 10% at that site. the bumper cover might be considered and oversized item and shipping could be more. figure that out.

who knows it might not even be worth the time to buy online if the price difference is so small

for paint straight up get that local. don't want to mess with paint. i mean you can buy your paint online give them your color code and that paint will be cheaper but will it match?? your car's color is different now than what it was when it left the factory back in normal.

bullman
03-02-2005, 02:46 PM
gone

bjarvis
03-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Those prices look fair to me. You could do a lot
of it yourself if you were so inclined. The
bumper and the wheel balance are the only things
that really require fancy tools.

A radiator repair shop probably would do a better repair,
and they'd steam clean and descale your radiator for you.
It would probably also be cheaper if you removed the
radiator yourself and just brought it to them for
repair.

bullman
03-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I talked to a radiator shop and they wanted me to have the body shop not fix the radiator even though they said it may possibly start leaking later because it is not leaking yet, and bring it in for them to look at it. BUT they do not do plastic repairs - but still want to look at it to see if it's just cosmetic.. I might do that, but how hard is it to remove the radiator from the car - What about when the bumper is on and everything ?? compared to when there's no bumper or headlights...

So I'm not sure if I wanna let the body shop fixit, or drive it out of there after the fix everything else and go to the body shop and have that fixed.

Are there any other modifications or improvements I could add at this time?

Thanks..

bjarvis
03-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Removing the radiator isn't hard, but it's time consuming.
The 8g has a transmission cooling passage in the radiator,
so to remove it you have to disconnect both the coolant and
ATF lines. You'll lose about half your coolant and a 1/3rd of
your ATF doing this, so you might as well just flush out both
and replace all the fluid while you're at it. Otherwise, just
disconnect and remove the cooling fans and unbolt the
radiator. It should just lift up and out, no problem.

bullman
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Does anyone have any 16" hubcaps for a 2001 ES V6 they may not need ?
- I could use 2 of these...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif