PDA

View Full Version : Microphone

Cheekz185
03-03-2005, 10:00 PM
OK.....I installed a microphone for my hands free car kit. It is actually on the opposite side of the dimmer switch for the gauge lights. I drilled a hole in placed it in there. It was a fairly expensive sony microphone. But whenever i make a call everyone says that it sound windy??? My windows are closed, ac vents are off and music is off. But when i am not moving they say i sound fine. Any ideas of what the problem can be??

FrankMB
03-03-2005, 10:32 PM
mic might be set too high so it catches outside noise.

Do you have a lever to tone it down ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheekz185)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK.....I installed a microphone for my hands free car kit. Â*It is actually on the opposite side of the dimmer switch for the gauge lights. I drilled a hole in placed it in there. Â*It was a fairly expensive sony microphone. Â*But whenever i make a call everyone says that it sound windy??? My windows are closed, ac vents are off and music is off. Â*But when i am not moving they say i sound fine. Â*Any ideas of what the problem can be??</div>

Fishboy55
03-04-2005, 06:05 AM
Could be picking up the vibrations of the dash panel. If possible you might want to mount the mic in some foam rubber or silicone first before putting it in the panel so that theres a buffer between the dash panel and the case of the mic itself.

Cheekz185
03-04-2005, 12:28 PM
well i put a rubber grommet in there. Would that help??

DOHCstunr
03-04-2005, 12:38 PM
your cell phone mic is designed to filter out background noise. its possible that the mic u are using is just picking up road noise.
ever call some one and they answer at there house on speakerphone, you can hear everything. it always sounds like there is an echo, instead of the usual clear connection you get when they are talking into a hand held phone.
i don't know if this helps at all, but maybe it could give you some insight as to whats going on.

pinoyesv6
03-04-2005, 12:40 PM
have u ever thought about putting sum1 in your car and then calling them to see what every1 else is hearing? that might give you some insight as to what they are hearing. maybe help you solve the problem.

pvu_rida
03-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Sometimes it may be your phone. I know when i had a nokia and i drove whoever i was talking to could hear the wind from outside even though i had my windows up. But now since i got a sprint phone, it filters it out.

Cheekz185
03-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Lol my phone is a sprint phone...

pvu_rida
03-05-2005, 10:20 AM
well that windy noise is the wind blowin against your car. Its just picking up in the mic