PDA

View Full Version : at least im workin on pimping my car

Tex71x
03-04-2005, 08:48 AM
im gettin 3 tens put in this weekend i get paid today... so now i get to go to best buy and buy an amp... i already got the subs... oh does anybody know how to do this or have a link to put in subs/amps cuz i dont wanna pay best buy 50 bucks just to get my subs put in....

ohgrfreak
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
I have no idea how to install that stuff myself. But it sounds like your car is going to hit hard. I am in the process to upgrade my ICE too, just some audiobahn 6x9 speakers and small pheonix gold amp (80x2RMS). I personally would not go to bestbuy, I would get my parts/speakers/amps online and have a specialized shop in my area install it (the shop I go to is vision audio in cameron, Mo).

onlinecarstereo.com
cardomain.com
crutchfield.com

^^all good places to shop for high quality components, bestbuy usually pushes the cheap stuff at high prices.

cardude03
03-04-2005, 12:15 PM
what kind of subs are you getting?
and what kind of amp are you getting?
are you going to use the amp just for the subs?

yeh, although i dont get my stuff online, i also get it installed at real audio shops. if you wanna learn alot about car audio, i suggest checking out www.elitecaraudio.com , its a forum, they have alot of experts there, and u can do some good research too.

Niytrus
03-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Please, whatever you do, don't buy from bestbuy... COMPLETE waste of money. Shop online, you will get a MUCH, MUCH better deal, and for what you pay at bestbuy, you can get a much better amp. Hell, give me $50 and ill find it for you, you probably will still be paying under bestbuys price :wink:

Installing is easy, if you want to take the time. If you don't have the time, go to an audio shop. But if you want to learn, incase you want to upgrade, or change your setup, it takes time, but is overall pretty simple work.

Tex71x
03-04-2005, 12:28 PM
well im getting three MTX 10" subs and probably a profile amp... thats what my friend told me to get

cardude03
03-04-2005, 12:30 PM
well, its not exactly high-end, how much money were you looking to spend? what kind of music do you listen to? are you looking for SQ or SPL?

Niytrus
03-04-2005, 12:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>well im getting three MTX 10" subs and probably a profile amp... thats what my friend told me to get</div>

I definatly would of gone with a different setup, not a fan of either company... but to each his own. How much did you pay for the subs, just curious?

Tex71x
03-04-2005, 12:34 PM
30 bucks used...

i dont care about spending a whole lotta money but something is better than stock

Niytrus
03-04-2005, 12:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>30 bucks used...

i dont care about spending a whole lotta money but something is better than stock</div>

Ah ok, well at least you didn't over pay for them... would still recomend getting the amp online though.

Tex71x
03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
my dad has his own buisness and i can get car stuff for wholesale... all i gotta pay is the shipping

cardude03
03-04-2005, 12:45 PM
so why did u go to bestbuy?

Tex71x
03-04-2005, 12:47 PM
i didnt silly goose i said i was gonna go.... cuz my dad yells at me when i ask to do stuff

cardude03
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
okay, good, dont.

so you say u can get it from the manufacturer for wholesale?? or from a wholesale dealer or what?

pinoyesv6
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
the hardest part about putting in subs and an amp is running the wires. everything else is just matching up the wires. gotta run the power wire from the battery to the amp. the signal wires from the radio to the amp and then the speaker wires from the amp to the speakers/subs

best buy has soon good deals sometimes. i got my RF subs for 10 bucks a pop. i know they aren't the best in the world but for 10 bucks, who can find a better deal than that.

Tex71x
03-04-2005, 12:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay, good, dont.

so you say u can get it from the manufacturer for wholesale?? or from a wholesale dealer or what?</div>

my dad owns a home theater buisness BUT in his little catalogs he can get some pretty good car audio for wholesale i guess hes a dealer... i priced out a 3500 retail cerwin vega with dual 15s and two 1500w amps for 850
so i think its a pretty good deal... i just dont wanna spend 850 bucks... i wanna spend like 150.. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

cardude03
03-04-2005, 12:59 PM
well think about it this way. you spend 150 now, and then 500 later when you want to upgrade. why not just spend 500 now and save 150?

Tex71x
03-05-2005, 08:18 AM
cuz i have to save for europe, im going backpacking this summer

cardude03
03-05-2005, 12:44 PM
okay, well, umm, do you think that 3 10's with an amp would be cheaper than 1 12 or 15 with an amp?

Tex71x
03-06-2005, 01:06 AM
30 dollars for 3 10s? i dont think you can get a better deal than that

shannon957g
03-08-2005, 05:34 PM
I used to work at Best Buy.

You said you got RF subs for 10 bucks a pop?

Shit boy, because cost price to best buy for 10 in "Punch" subs is somewhere around 31.00. You got a goooooood deal.

If you ever work at best buy, all you have to do is pay cost of the item plus 5 % plus you get installation half price and performance service plans at half price or cheaper.

If you ever work there...don't be a cashier... :x enough said.
Good luck with your set up though.

Tex71x
03-12-2005, 08:51 AM
ok..... i set up my one ten without an amp... and about 20 minutes of driving on the highway my engine just died.... it just goes buhh... and i coasted for a long while.... so i said fuck you gay sub your dead to me.... put my speakers back teh way they were and it took a while to get it started... it was like bwererrererrer but then i got it started and then it happend a couple a more times on the way to my friends house and thats were i am now...... did my battery just die or what.... what do i do

cardude03
03-12-2005, 07:59 PM
wait wait wait, u put in a sub...without an amp???? how were you powering it???

Mathas
03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>wait wait wait, u put in a sub...without an amp???? how were you powering it???</div>
I think the more appropriate question would by "why on earth would you do that?"

Tex71x
03-13-2005, 10:00 AM
i dunno.... i figured it would work but as you can tell .... it didnt...

Tex71x
03-13-2005, 10:04 AM
well what i did was there is this little cap thing that goes to the rear speakers(on top of the back seat) i unhooked it from the metal prongs on the speaker and then took my 16g speaker wire and twisted it really skinny and just shoved it into the wholes... it was pretty nice until my car died...... :?

but whatever fuck it... im going to buy a truck once i get back from europe this summer..... ill put 2 15's in the back and it will set off everyones alarms... itll be PIMP......

shannon957g
04-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Whoa.

Maybe your ECU gave out.

That happened to me while at a stoplight...pitch black night...yeah. The flasher lights wouldn't even work. The Galant definitely took some HELL from me that night.

I think it happened because I had an aftermarket head unit with the speakers blaring, 100 watt hyper white bulbs, and a Mitsubishi. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Get it checked out if you feel like spending money...
We spent over 600 dollars having the car "looked at" then "fixed" and over and over again...just to figure OURSELVES that it was the ECU messing EVERYTHING up...

Make sure you don't spend that much... please....

Good luck with your next vehicle.

Tex71x
04-06-2005, 12:09 PM
well it cost me about 400 to get it all fixed.... it turns out it was the ddistributor..... stupid car

shannon957g
04-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Wow. Good luck with the rest...

May the life of your Galant outlast many!