PDA

View Full Version : MOMO wheel...?

Tiller
08-10-2002, 10:24 PM
anyone know what the story is on the UK and HK galants, that come with the leather wrapped MOMO wheel...

will it fit the US spec cars...? It is equipped with an airbag too...

pinoyesv6
08-10-2002, 10:59 PM
don't recommend it at all...if u want airbags, stay with the oem one. changin out the steering wheel can help make the airbags go bad and not deply or deploy when they are not needed if you install it incorrectly

Tiller
08-10-2002, 11:25 PM
just a question, but how would swapping in a new wheel cause the bag to go bad...?

I doubt the harness will even hook up to allow for the swap, but I'm hating the steering wheel in the Galant... Hell the one in the Eclipse is twice as nice... and they have the friggen audio controlls on the backside of the wheel... it's a shame that the Galant doesn't offer that...

Hell you would think they ould offer the audio controls on the Galant before the Eclispe... look at the other cars in the class... Accord, Camry... i think they both offer steering wheel audio controls... :roll:

pinoyesv6
08-10-2002, 11:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>just a question, but how would swapping in a new wheel cause the bag to go bad...? Â*

I doubt the harness will even hook up to allow for the swap, but I'm hating the steering wheel in the Galant... Hell the one in the Eclipse is twice as nice... and they have the friggen audio controlls on the backside of the wheel... it's a shame that the Galant doesn't offer that...

Hell you would think they ould offer the audio controls on the Galant before the Eclispe... look at the other cars in the class... Accord, Camry... i think they both offer steering wheel audio controls... :roll:</div>

in correct installation. i doubt ur dealer would install it. uhm to install that momo wheel, you have to remove the airbag module from your old wheel and put it into the new wheel and yea reinstall everything. and there is that chance of error. and IMO thats a very big thing. and o yea, there are laws regarding fucking with the safety systems in your car, more importantly the airbag, so you could also risk losing your insurance/registration by doing the swap. just break out the old sharpie and make a lil happy face on it...makes u happier

Tiller
08-10-2002, 11:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>will it fit the US spec cars...? It is equipped with an airbag too...</div>

i didn't think i asked for a class on my insurance company and consequences of swapping the wheel... but i just had to double check... :roll:

there are alos laws about fucking with your emmissions systems too, but who do you know that mods their car, gives a rat's ass about that...? :wink: