PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifold

2True
10-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Ok, let's say hypothetically that I have a cracked Intake manifold from a Port and Polish gone wrong :roll: ... uhm ya

Is there another manifold that will bolt up to the 4G64? You know, one that might be more beneficial to me rather than paying for the stock 7g replacement? Someone said 1g Eclipse I think way back but I dunno.

I was looking at the VENOM ones but that's not in the "bank account of reality" right now, plus I am not sure if they mate with the 64. I am more in the treasure hunt mode for now.

Word.

Wes

Kain
10-07-2002, 10:31 PM
Well, the junkyards would be a good place to start. Greenleaf would be my suggestion. click here ('http://www.greenleafparts.org')

Oops, that turns up nothing. this one's better This one ('http://car-part.com') does a cross search and comes up with several. The going price is around $125

2True
10-08-2002, 12:44 PM
Thanks Kain, but I was actually looking for upgrade ideas. I can get an exact replacement no problem, or just seal the cracked one.

Anyone know if there is another manifold I could look for that would be beneficial for me now or for future upgrades? Somethin that will promote bettter air flow and intake capacity. Is there an EFI manifold I could use? Will any other mate with the 64 with little to no mods?

That's why I posted this in Performance Mods :wink:

Wes

Jesse
10-08-2002, 01:10 PM
1g will bolt right up.

I'm not sure, but you might have to get it welded on to the flex pipe which any muffler shop can do for cheap. You can get any custom header for a 4g63 NA, archer racing and many other places carry them, they can be found for less then the header for the 64.

schick
10-08-2002, 01:45 PM
uhhh... Jesse, he said intake manifold.

Damn Iowanian...what ever you guy call yourselves.

seth98esT
10-08-2002, 01:48 PM
uhhh... Iowanian...

lmao
:lauging:

its Iowans or something like that https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

but you could do a DOHC head swap and get new intake and exhaust mainfold all for under $600 or so :smilegrin:

Jesse
10-08-2002, 03:44 PM
silly me, they've been cutting the corn down and I'm going nuts. What am I gonna do when I can see the neighbors house now, yikes.

Yeah, do a DOHC swap with the head of a 4g63 or a 94 GS dohc Galant, you must use the timing belt off the galant GS.

2True
10-08-2002, 08:03 PM
Sounds good guys, I'll just go grab that GS engine I've been hiding in the closet all these years and slap that sucker on :roll:

OK, so the answer is "no" then I guess...kewl. I'll just replace the OE one and keeping saving my ducets for my 6a12T MIVEC w/ MT swap then. <- it could happen... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

BTW, I got an email back from APC (VENOM) and if we want a high-flow Venom Intake Manifold for the 4g64 all they need is 5 people to deposit $500 each LOL :wink: They make em for the 63 of course.... bastards

g96nt
10-08-2002, 08:22 PM
hahaha
you craked an intake manifold?!

dork =0]

anyways
I have one here I keep kicking Around the apartment.

yours for shipping + $24.99

=0]

venom is APC?????

Kain
10-08-2002, 09:01 PM
Man, Craig. I wish I would have known you still had that. Today I ordered an Intake Manifold and TB from an Arkansas boneyard for $90. I thought yours went when you sold your old '64 head.

GalantSpeed
02-22-2003, 07:32 PM
went to a local junkyard and some how i ended up with a 1g eclipse intake manifold and throttle body in my trunk for free...(don't ask) a little toss over the fence...lol. well anyways do i need to do anything to the 1st gen t/b besides bolt it on? like anything with the TPS (throttle positioning sensor) or will the 7g galant throttle body bolt up to the 1g eclipse intake manifold? what do you recommed i do?

JiP
02-22-2003, 10:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantSpeed)</div><div class='quotemain'>went to a local junkyard and some how i ended up with a 1g eclipse intake manifold and throttle body in my trunk for free...(don't ask) a little toss over the fence...lol. well anyways do i need to do anything to the 1st gen t/b besides bolt it on? like anything with the TPS (throttle positioning Â*sensor) or will the 7g galant throttle body bolt up to the 1g eclipse intake manifold? what do you recommed i do?</div>

The 7g TB bolts right up, but I think the 1g intakes have a different bolt pattern, if its from a dohc it defintly does, only the exhaust mani's are swapable. And if your gonna add an intake with larger ports youd also have to port the head.

fastdsmbuilder
04-22-2003, 05:58 PM
why would you attempt to port a intake manifold, you cant get in to
redirect air enless you have a pocket size cnc machine. a little
help, cut you manafold in pieces then weld back together or have clay
polished.
:firedevil:

Kain
04-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Yes, sadly the 4g64 intake manifold is impossible to "old school" P&P properly...gotta extrudehone. Why did Mitsu have to dump the two piece design of the 4g37? or the "stubby" design of the g32b?