PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas ! !

digital_ripper04
03-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Well I am doubting there is any other place so I will just ask you guys. I have tried and looked and tried and looked and can not find a place for my xbox. I was thinking of making something to hold it above in the passenger front seat but there just will not be much room for that person. I tried rasing my seat all the way up and of course the bar is still in the way :x
I cant really put it in the trunk cause the connections need to be within 5 -7 feet I think. So, any ideas https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Grenbogys
03-06-2005, 04:47 AM
can't you just get some extension cords?

digital_ripper04
03-06-2005, 05:27 AM
that still wouldnt solve the problem, that is how much room is left when I pull my seat down

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/3880/brutuslights2sn.th.jpg ('http://img140.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img140&image=brutuslights2sn.jpg')

digital_ripper04
03-06-2005, 03:17 PM
ummm anyone :?

Donovan
03-06-2005, 04:39 PM
know how some cars have the lil pouches on the back of the seats that holds maps/books/condoms ?

Maybe you can put one on your seat and place your xbox int here then run cords from the bottom of the pouch down to the bottom of seat and underneath carpet

pinoyesv6
03-06-2005, 05:22 PM
take the xbox apart...and put the different components in different locations

digital_ripper04
03-06-2005, 05:26 PM
keep them coming

thanks guys

digital_ripper04
03-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I really wouldnt take apart the xbox cause I bring it inside plus I have a comparment for storage in my car for it. Hopefully that will keep it from being stolen again :twisted: :twisted:

pinoyesv6
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM
can the xbox be played vertically like a ps2??

digital_ripper04
03-06-2005, 06:05 PM
not sure, its modded so I kinda dont want to chance it work it would be in the trunk as long as I could . . . .. ahh nevermind, I forgot I already have my audio hooked up to my deck so the xbox can only be i nthe car unless I take all that out and find a longer connection somewhere.

atish25
03-11-2005, 12:09 AM
run a positive (either ignition or constant with a switch) and ground to a cigarette lighter adapter to a power converter and mount it in between the speakers on the back deck behind the third brake light thats how i have mine and my ps2 inthe glove box any ?s let me know

atish25

digital_ripper04
03-11-2005, 01:21 AM
there isnt any cords long enough to reach from the very back of the car to the deck for the audio then the video . . . . . . . have any other ideas LOL I just put my xbox on the dash and it worked pretty well up there except when I was driving I had to hold it sometimes

fatal1
05-29-2005, 01:42 AM
there are lots of ways you can do it i currently have a ps2 in my car and it is temporarily under the seat. it is approx. the same size as the ps2 excepth the length and i have plent of room all you have to do for that is...

connect your wires to whatever lcd you are running rout them under the glovebox and under the center console plug em in and boom your done if you wasnt to keep it in place get a piece of 1x2 or something and screw it to the floor (leaving room for the fan)

you can modd your glovebox take it out cut it to the appropriate sizemount it using metal brackets to the top

you can also mount it under the glovebox using just metal brackets

buy a metal saftey box cut so you can power it on and plug in your controllers and the fan line it with foam paper or something for shock absorbsion and scre the box onto the back fold down seat to access your trunk (run your wires under the carpet as you would for an amp) if you need more av wire and your cheap go to the dollar store and pick it up for 3 bux or go to radioshack and get ood ones for like 5-6 dollars

as said before behind the 3rd brake light under the carpet

you can take out your passenger airbag and cut a custom fitting into the area that it was at and mount it there

you can take off your rear seat make a custom box or do the metal saftey box and do as i said for the folding down seat and cut out some cusion to fit the new size

ps by saftey box i mean the metal box like a safety deposit box with the key so it can protect the unit from theft by screwing / bolting it down and hold it in place

there are many ways to put it in your car there are also many addons that you can put onto your system customizing your car is exactly as it states you customise it if theres not room you make room you add things take things out etc

if you need or anyone else needs help with installing an x box /ps2 etc or anything related pm me or just post in this thread

digital_ripper04
05-29-2005, 01:54 AM
LOL this is a little old . . . thanks for the ideas but not needed now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif the G is gone in two months tops