PDA

View Full Version : Tein/AGX drop

FrankMB
03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
I expected the drop to be lower. Maybe it will settle down more after driving awhile.

See pic :

http://www.benzworld.org/images/frank/galant/final/14.jpg

This is with two stock wheels in the trunk.

It's lower but not as much as I thought it would be. I know some of you have the exact same setup so was wondering if your's is as high as this.

ryans99es2.4
03-07-2005, 07:47 PM
yea front looks higher than the back. but then again, mine does too but i'm on stock springs, i have heard after you drive on it a while they will settle

you could also have had bad springs, and the new ones will sit a little higher than the bad ones.

your car is beautiful.

str8304
03-07-2005, 07:50 PM
yeah, your car is real nice. before i put the dubz on, i rode around for like 2 weeks and my car still looked the same, but it was way way lower looking than the way yours looks.

pinoyesv6
03-07-2005, 07:51 PM
you'll be fine. it should settle in (not to confuze with sag) after a little bit of driving. i know when i put on my GC coils it was too high at first so i lowered it a lil bit. and now that everything settle in, its time to go back up since its too low now.

also your tire size has a lil bit to do with it. if i remember right u had 215's. which is the recommended size but many of us have 225's which is also a good size to have but it fill in the gap a lil bit more.

galantv600
03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
yeah yours will begin lowering.. the only reason mine is so low, is b/c i still have stock struts holding up fine :shock:

tried to get closest angle to your pic...
http://img49.exs.cx/img49/7083/galant4no.jpg

FrankMB
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys for the input.

I drove it to the city just now and the ride is amazingly nice... almost like stock and it's not bouncy at all. I think it settled a little maybe half an inch. I hope it goes even lower. I have it set to 1 front and 2 back.

@Pinoy yeah I have 215s since the wheels were x7

cardude03
03-07-2005, 08:51 PM
not to goo too off topic, i just wondering, what kind of visor is that frank?

krispy03
03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
lol i was gonna ask the same thing!! sweet ride btw.

FrankMB
03-07-2005, 09:06 PM

It's called foxguard. It's kinda growing on me but I still like the EGR better.

galantv600
03-07-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah u do since ih ave one https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

AntimonyER
03-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey man, looks good. I have Teins too, I put GR-2s on with mine. I heard the AGXs are a little higher... I know mine didn't settle that much, maybe 1/4 in. max. I can't go any lower with my kit tho, scrape enough as it is.

vic_v_jr
03-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Take it from me...that's the lowest it'll go. I had Tein with stock struts for a while and switched to AGX's and I couldn't believe that after a month the shit didn't get any lower. Frustrated with the raised look...I sprung the loot for the GC's...luvin it still.

ChikagoGTZ
03-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I have the tein/agx set up, and for a car in Chicago, it's perfect...set your struts on 1 and it will get a little lower, on 4 it's about 1/2 inch higher....weird but true.

FrankMB
03-08-2005, 11:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah u do since ih ave one Â*:P</div>

ya ya ya ... i'll get one if this doesn't grow on me https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

FrankMB
03-08-2005, 11:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Take it from me...that's the lowest it'll go. Â*I had Tein with stock struts for a while and switched to AGX's and I couldn't believe that after a month the shit didn't get any lower. Â*Frustrated with the raised look...I sprung the loot for the GC's...luvin it still.</div>

Man that's not what I wanted to hear hahaha..... what's GC?

FrankMB
03-08-2005, 11:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have the tein/agx set up, and for a car in Chicago, it's perfect...set your struts on 1 and it will get a little lower, on 4 it's about 1/2 inch higher....weird but true.</div>

I have it set to 1 front and 2 back... hmmm I'll try 1 in the back ... that's where I'm pretty annoyed with since it looks sloped without the two wheels in the trunk

cardude03
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Take it from me...that's the lowest it'll go. Â*I had Tein with stock struts for a while and switched to AGX's and I couldn't believe that after a month the shit didn't get any lower. Â*Frustrated with the raised look...I sprung the loot for the GC's...luvin it still.</div>

Man that's not what I wanted to hear hahaha..... what's GC?</div>

ground control, coilovers

neel9
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
i think u need to lower it more to look sweet.. it looks nice.. but will look 10times better if u lower it more.. may be will sink in..

Danger DANJ
03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Should have went with Tein SS-P Dampers. :wink:

mrjaydeeone
03-09-2005, 05:23 PM
yeah it'll settle after a while
again good looking out this morning Frank

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have the tein/agx set up, and for a car in Chicago, it's perfect...set your struts on 1 and it will get a little lower, on 4 it's about 1/2 inch higher....weird but true.</div>

is this really true?
the car is lower when the agx are set to 1?

FrankMB
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
anytime bro. I should've given you both sides. I just woke up...wasn't thinking straight heh! I'll put them aside if you want them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah it'll settle after a while

is this really true?
the car is lower when the agx are set to 1?</div>

RedGalant2k1
03-09-2005, 05:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea front looks higher than the back. but then again, mine does too but i'm on stock springs, i have heard after you drive on it a while they will settle</div>

I can't vouch for Tein but Eibach Springs don't have settle. Tein springs may not either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>you could also have had bad springs, and the new ones will sit a little higher than the bad ones. Â*
</div>

The factory springs wouldn't be 'bad' they would have settled over time.

Serstylz2
03-09-2005, 05:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah yours will begin lowering.. the only reason mine is so low, is b/c i still have stock struts holding up fine Â*:shock: Â* Â*

tried to get closest angle to your pic...
http://img49.exs.cx/img49/7083/galant4no.jpg</div>

ooh duals! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif cant wait

mrjaydeeone
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
yeah I shoulda grabbed both the left and the right I dunno why I didn't
lol
yeah it was definitely too early
whatelse are you tossing? I shoulda asked that also when you offered if I wanted anythingelse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'>anytime bro. Â*I should've given you both sides. Â*I just woke up...wasn't thinking straight heh! Â* I'll put them aside if you want them. Â*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah it'll settle after a while

is this really true?
the car is lower when the agx are set to 1?</div></div>

FrankMB
03-09-2005, 09:19 PM
hmm... GTZ grille but I might keep that.... heads are gone...... i think i still have my front bumper with fogs. might be in the shop... the tails and mirrors are yours... nothing else i guess. i'll check in the shop when i visit tomorrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah I shoulda grabbed both the left and the right I dunno why I didn't
lol
whatelse are you tossing? Â*I shoulda asked that also when you offered if I wanted anythingelse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'>anytime bro. Â*I should've given you both sides. Â*I just woke up...wasn't thinking straight heh! Â* I'll put them aside if you want them. Â*

is this really true?
the car is lower when the agx are set to 1?</div></div></div>

mrjaydeeone
03-09-2005, 11:19 PM
aight if you wanna hang onto the other tail light and the other mirror for me that would be cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm... Â*GTZ grille but I might keep that.... Â*heads are gone...... i think i still have my front bumper with fogs. Â*might be in the shop... the tails and mirrors are yours... nothing else i guess. Â*i'll check in the shop when i visit tomorrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah I shoulda grabbed both the left and the right I dunno why I didn't
lol
whatelse are you tossing? Â*I shoulda asked that also when you offered if I wanted anythingelse

is this really true?
the car is lower when the agx are set to 1?</div></div></div></div>