PDA

View Full Version : have keyless entry? pelase read this!

escoson
10-07-2002, 11:24 PM
whats up? i was wondering how to turn that annoying beep off when i lock my doors with the keyless entry. the dealership didnt tell me so if you know how please respond in here so i can go outside and do it.

thanks!

Auto-9
10-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Hmmm...something like holding lock or unlock for 3 seconds...man I wish I could find my manual.

escoson
10-07-2002, 11:28 PM
o shit the manual! :: runs outside in boxers yelling ill be rite back! ::

Tiller
10-08-2002, 12:48 AM
yeah, hold the 2 buttons together...

TJC
10-08-2002, 02:10 AM
It's hold lock for 10 sec. then press unlock at same time and release both. AND it's also hold unlock for 10 sec. then press lock at the same time and release both. One does the sound and the other does the lights. I forget which is which. I believe you do it a second time to put it back. Goodluck!

escoson
10-08-2002, 02:42 AM
i checked my manual when i ran outside and turned the soud off. thanks for your replies

Auto-9
10-08-2002, 08:06 AM
No probs...though I could never do mine successfully...

Big H Killa
10-08-2002, 09:02 AM
can someone explain this better to me b/c the beep annoys the hell out of me to. and I don't really understand how u guys were saying to do it. And on top of it all I never got a owner's manual with my car when i bought it so any help would be helpful

Big H Killa
10-08-2002, 10:08 AM
Nevermind yall I figured it out.

Tiller
10-08-2002, 01:17 PM
It's hold lock for 10 sec. then press unlock at same time and release both. AND it's also hold unlock for 10 sec. then press lock at the same time and release both. One does the sound and the other does the lights. I forget which is which. I believe you do it a second time to put it back. Goodluck!

what the hell are you talking about...?

pinoyesv6
10-08-2002, 01:32 PM

he's telling u how to turn off the lights and the horn for the keyless entry. he forgot which procedure does for which thing but he knoes thats how to do it

TJC
10-08-2002, 06:12 PM

Thx Pinoy. Hahaha, yeah, just wanted to throw a curve ball at Tiller to see if he was paying attention. There are different settings you can do for your keyless entry. You can make lights flash or not and make horn chirp or not in both the ARM and DISARM modes seperately.

I don't like the chirp when I get into the car and I don't like the blinker flash but want a chirp when I'm arming the car so that's how I set mine. You can do it anyway you want to..... if you can figure it out, lol.

10-08-2002, 08:49 PM
I would suggest leave the lights thing on since it's good to know your doors actually locked ...

Bigg Boi
10-08-2002, 10:02 PM
I personally like the horn when you press lock. When I go places, sometimces I forget what doors I entered in so I have to look for my car. I press the lock button b/c the lights flash, the horn rings, and in case you don't find it, the doors are still locked.

Sarah
10-09-2002, 10:09 AM
LOL the gut at the dealership used the horn chirp as a selling point of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said if any "hooligans" were hanging around my car I could just push lock repeatedly like I have an alarm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it, but I live in an apartment complex where someone is always outside honling the horn and it pisses me off, so I don't want to piss anyone off myself

99GalantOn18s
10-09-2002, 11:19 PM
wussup? when i got my galant my horn didn't work... how do i get it to work???

pinoyesv6
10-09-2002, 11:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99GalantOn18s)</div><div class='quotemain'>wussup? when i got my galant my horn didn't work... how do i get it to work???</div>

your horn or the keyless entry bip bip sound?