PDA

View Full Version : resetting ECU

asjamias2
03-08-2005, 10:47 PM
can somebody tell me how to reset the ECU.....or so I think this is the solution. my service engine light came off and after having it fixed, the mechanic didn't know how to put the service engine light off.

somebody?

pinoyesv6
03-08-2005, 10:49 PM
if the mechanic didn't know how to turn of the light after he finished his job, then he's not done yet.

Fall Out Boy
03-09-2005, 12:12 AM
disconect the battery for a couple mins. see if that clears it up. if not resort to the post above.

asjamias2
03-09-2005, 11:41 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if the mechanic didn't know how to turn of the light after he finished his job, then he's not done yet.</div>

he's done with it since i already passed the required vehicle checkup before registration.

pinoyesv6
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
the light only goes on if something is wrong. it'll go away when it is fixed.

you can force it to go off by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but if there is still a problem it will come back.

if your mechanic is a real mechanic he'd know that.

Censee
03-09-2005, 12:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the light only goes on if something is wrong. it'll go away when it is fixed. Â*

you can force it to go off by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but if there is still a problem it will come back. Â*

if your mechanic is a real mechanic he'd know that.</div>
could also go get the code read....i wnt to mitsu for my free tune up i had,and a light always kept popping up every once in awhile,,,,and when i took it ,it was not on,,,,but when they were finishing it popped on,,,,so they checked it and it was something with my o2 sensor....well i have an air to fuel gauge and the guy said maybe that was causing it to pop up every once in ahwile,,i told him thats a stupid reason for a light to go on,,,the guy just erased the code ,,,and it never came back on....get it checked and post it up here so maybe someone here can tell u what the code is..

pinoyesv6
03-09-2005, 12:36 PM
sounds like his mechanic doesn't have a code reader (what kinda real mechanic doesn't have some sorta code reader) or something is still broke.